Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bug Report: Failed to get ANSI replacement charact (Read 19125 times)
BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Bug Report: Failed to get ANSI replacement charact
23. Sep 2008 at 04:11
Print Post  
Phoner version 2.21 and 2.22 cannot start due to the following error:

Exception EJclInternalError in module phoner.exe at 000DAF60
Failed to get ANSI replacement character.

Version 2.20 works fine. The recent two release of PhonerLite has the same problem.

I am using English Veriosn of WinXP, with the following setting: Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Advanced, non-unicode->Chinese PRC. That may be the cause of the problem.

Thanks for looking into the problem.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Bug Report: Failed to get ANSI replacement charact
Reply #1 - 23. Sep 2008 at 07:56
Print Post  
There should be a message box that enables you to send a bug report per e-mail. Please send me such bug report.

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Reply #2 - 27. Sep 2008 at 05:47
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 23. Sep 2008 at 07:56:
There should be a message box that enables you to send a bug report per e-mail. Please send me such bug report.

I'd love to, but am wondering where is the message box. Did you mean there is a mesage box in this forum to send bug report, or you meant me to drive a broken car to the garage even if the car cannot start  Huh

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 28. Sep 2008 at 08:44
Print Post  
Quote:
Exception EJclInternalError in module phoner.exe at 000DAF60
Failed to get ANSI replacement character.

Where you can see this error message? I assume there is a window appearing showing this message - I call this window "message box".

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Reply #4 - 14. Oct 2008 at 02:42
Print Post  
Version 2.23 and PhonerLite v1.50 do not have this bug and work great. Thanks.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 14. Oct 2008 at 08:01
Print Post  
Fine!

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Reply #6 - 20. Oct 2008 at 17:33
Print Post  
Version 2.24 sends out "%2A" instead of "*". Version 2.23 does not have this problem. 

BTW, it will be much more convenient for users to have several recent old versions available on the web site to download. After I installed and found the bug in 2.24, I found it really hard to find an old version on the Internet to verify my finding. 

Thanks for the great work.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 21. Oct 2008 at 09:29
Print Post  
If you check for a version update there will be downloaded a file called "versioninfo.ini" In this file you can see the version history and the URLs for older versions.

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Reply #8 - 22. Oct 2008 at 03:24
Print Post  
Thanks for the information.

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Crash or Abnormal Exit
Reply #9 - 30. Nov 2008 at 20:38
Print Post  
Version 2.25, 2.26 and the most recent 2.27 beta have experienced abnormal exit on my PC. It happens sometimes when I change some settings, or select a different provider, or the application just sits in the background and will quietly crash at an unknown time. When the application quits running, it leaves no trace no warning, only the tray icon stays there until you hover the mouse over it, the tray icon disappears. Looks like abnormal exit. 

The bug is not very repeatable. Only happens sometimes if you try to reproduce it under exactly the same situation and operations. 

The bug seems to reside in sipper.dll. I have been using the sipper.dll from version 2.23 and phoner.exe from all later versions and haven't experience this bug. 

Please take a look of it. Thanks.

BetaTester wrote on 20. Oct 2008 at 17:33:
Version 2.24 sends out "%2A" instead of "*". Version 2.23 does not have this problem. 

BTW, it will be much more convenient for users to have several recent old versions available on the web site to download. After I installed and found the bug in 2.24, I found it really hard to find an old version on the Internet to verify my finding. 

Thanks for the great work.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 02. Dec 2008 at 19:08
Print Post  
Please try the latest Beta-Version. There is a small fix after switching/saving the configuration.
But if you have the problem while nothing really happens, there must be something else. Can you tell me something more about your configuration? At which provider do you register? I need to reproduce this problem for my own.

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Re: Crash
Reply #11 - 04. Dec 2008 at 06:42
Print Post  
Great! It looks that the latest version from Dec. 2nd had the bug fixed. 

My guess for the "sit and crash" of the previous version is that the program crashes at rare times when it tries to refresh the registration, probably the same reason that crashed the program when some changes of settings were made. 

I did notice that the latest beta and pre-2.25 versions have a very rare bug that sometimes when changing the SIP profiles, the program may lose response. For what matters, I use Voxalot and Gizmo, and during one day use of the latest beta (with several times the PC going into S3 standby), there are two times phoner lost response when changing SIP provider. However, when I try to re-produce the bug intentionally, it never appears.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - 04. Dec 2008 at 12:58
Print Post  
What do you mean with "lost response"? The application freezes? You can't control the application anymore? Please try the latest beta version (from today). Is there the same problem?

IP Logged

BetaTester
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Reply #13 - 04. Dec 2008 at 18:30
Print Post  
Yes I meant that the application freezes. Sometimes, the application may come back live from the freezing after several seconds, sometimes, it never comes back and you have to force to close the application. I've noticed this situation from early versions, maybe back to July when I started using phoner. It happened rarely and randomly only when switching SIP profiles. So I thought it was acceptable and may be due to conflicts from other software on my PC.

The latest one from today cannot switch SIP profile. It always reverts to the first entry of the providers.  Undecided

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #14 - 05. Dec 2008 at 12:16
Print Post  
You are right! I just uploaded a new beta version - that should fix that problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint