Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) VB6 Samples not working (Read 21431 times)
Robi
YaBB Newbies

PhonerLite is great!

VB6 Samples not working
28. Jan 2009 at 10:40
Print Post  
Hi! I really like your SIP client, especially the Lite version.
I'd like to give a try to the VB6 demos. Unfortunately I can't use them, both say that Phoner is not installed, which is not true - both the Lite and the Full versions are installed. I went to the References and changed the path for Phoner Bibliothek to my Program Files, but still not working. I selected the exe itself. It still says Runtime error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object in PhonerCOM_VB.
I'm using VB6-SP6 English on Hungarian WinXP Pro. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Robi
YaBB Newbies

PhonerLite is great!

Re: VB6 Samples not working
Reply #1 - 28. Jan 2009 at 10:53
Print Post  
Also tried with the Beta - same problem.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 28. Jan 2009 at 11:55
Print Post  
The built-in COM server must be registered. You need Administrator rights to do that. In older versions registration was done automatically on startup. But that caused a lot of problems when running Phoner without Administrator privileges. The actual versions need a manual registration. You can do this by starting the following with Administrator rights:
Code
Select All
Phoner.exe -i 

You have to do this only once.

IP Logged

Robi
YaBB Newbies

PhonerLite is great!

Reply #3 - 02. Feb 2009 at 11:16
Print Post  
I see, thanks, I'll try.
You could though, implement a small routine to see if the current user has or not Admin privileges - that's possible under XP and Vista also, I think.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 04. Feb 2009 at 12:43
Print Post  
Keep in mind, that many people use Phoner in a different way. For example, Phoner is started directly from an USB stick. In that case no traces should be left on the host machine.
So everyone who wants to use the integrated COM server of Phoner has to register manually once.

IP Logged

Robi
YaBB Newbies

PhonerLite is great!

Reply #5 - 11. Feb 2009 at 18:09
Print Post  
OK, thanks. PhonerCOM_VB works nice. 

However, with VB_sample I get the path to the exe, then "Die Applikation konnte ein neues Objekt aus dem Phoner-Objekt ableiten", then "Kein Capi der Version 2 installiert", then "Die Funktionalitäten von PHONER sind in Ihrer Anwendung NICHT nutzbar", and then a big box with a big button inside, with lots of German text. If I click it, I get another message with other German text, which I decided not to paste here, due to its size.

Can you tell me what's the problem? I can't debug it because I don't speak German - thus I don't understand the error messages. Perhaps you have an English version you can share?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - 12. Feb 2009 at 09:52
Print Post  
You did the following?
  • start "Phoner.exe -i" with administrator rights one
  • download and extract "PhonerCOM_VB.zip"
  • start "PhonerCOM_VB.exe"

I can do this without any problems.
Do you compile the sample for your own? Did you add a reference to the COM object before that in VB? Do you really use VB6?

IP Logged

Robi
YaBB Newbies

PhonerLite is great!

Reply #7 - 12. Feb 2009 at 10:48
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 12. Feb 2009 at 09:52:
You did the following?
  • start "Phoner.exe -i" with administrator rights one
  • download and extract "PhonerCOM_VB.zip"
  • start "PhonerCOM_VB.exe"

I can do this without any problems.
Do you compile the sample for your own? Did you add a reference to the COM object before that in VB? Do you really use VB6?

Yes, as I wrote you before, perhaps you didn't read my message correctly: the project in PhonerCOM_VB.zip works fine! 

The problem is with the other sample which is the file named VB_sample.zip (available at http://www.phoner.de/AddOn/VB_sample.zip, under the name 'Visual Basic 2', on the page http://www.phoner.de/download_en.htm)
Could you please address the problem I described, by looking at the contents of VB_sample.zip, not PhonerCOM_VB.zip. Thank you.

And yes, you can believe I use VB6, as I already stated in the first post.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - 12. Feb 2009 at 10:54
Print Post  
The sample you mention is not from me. Someone else wrote it and I just offer it for download. So if there are big problems with that sample I'll remove it.
The first VB sample should be enough to get the idea behind the base functionality offered by Phoner.

IP Logged

Robi
YaBB Newbies

PhonerLite is great!

Reply #9 - 12. Feb 2009 at 11:06
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 12. Feb 2009 at 10:54:
The sample you mention is not from me. Someone else wrote it and I just offer it for download. So if there are big problems with that sample I'll remove it.
The first VB sample should be enough to get the idea behind the base functionality offered by Phoner.

Well thank you very much, where am I supposed to know that, there's no mention onn your site about this fact. Indeed, you should perhaps either write the explanation, or remove it. Excuse me if I dared to offend you by downloading a non-working file from your site and gave feedback. Other people usually say thanks for this...

Back to the topic: Do you have any documentation to all the COM interface functions, parameters? Thanks.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 12. Feb 2009 at 11:18
Print Post  
Quote:
Well thank you very much, where am I supposed to know that, there's no mention onn your site about this fact. Indeed, you should perhaps either write the explanation, or remove it. Excuse me if I dared to offend you by downloading a non-working file from your site and gave feedback. Other people usually say thanks for this...

You misunderstood me. Because I don't have time to rewrite that sample I have to delete it if it doesn't work. Thanks for telling me about the problems with that sample.

Quote:
Back to the topic: Do you have any documentation to all the COM interface functions, parameters? Thanks.

Sorry, there is no documentation. For me development of Phoner and PhonerLite is just a hobby.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #11 - 12. Feb 2009 at 12:26
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint