Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Speex WB codec (Read 9234 times)
Edwin
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Speex WB codec
07. Apr 2009 at 07:28
Print Post  
I would like to verify the compatiblity between the SpeexWB codec used in Phoner and the SpeexWB codec used in http://speex.org/

I would also like to ask that when I use the SpeexWB codec in Phoner, and I use Wireshark to sniff it and save in .raw format, will I be able to use a Speex codec encoder to get back the signal in SpeexWB format correctly?

What are the parameters used to decode the SpeexWB codec?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 07. Apr 2009 at 10:15 by Edwin »  

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Speex WB codec
Reply #1 - 07. Apr 2009 at 11:12
Print Post  
Phoner and PhonerLite use the Speex implementation from speex.org. So there should be no compatibility issue. 
Just try another softphone that support Speex-WB to check compatibility.
I don't know a way to decode Speex(-WB) directly in Wireshark.

IP Logged

Edwin
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 08. Apr 2009 at 03:31
Print Post  
I would like to check what are the parameters used in the Speex WB. When I select SpeexWB in Phoner, the bit-rate is 30kBits/sec but in the speex website, the bit-rate is 4-44kbps.

I would also like to check what is the sampling rate of the speech input and before the speex encoding, was the speech input in wav format?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 08. Apr 2009 at 12:03
Print Post  
Quote:
I would like to check what are the parameters used in the Speex WB. When I select SpeexWB in Phoner, the bit-rate is 30kBits/sec but in the speex website, the bit-rate is 4-44kbps.

The default bitrate in Phoner(Lite) for Speex is 15 kbit/s, for Wideband the double is assumed. You can ad a key called "SpeexBandwidth" in the "sipper.ini" under your profile section. So you can set there "SpeexBandwidth=10" and then 10 kbit/s is used and the double for wideband.

Quote:
I would also like to check what is the sampling rate of the speech input and before the speex encoding, was the speech input in wav format?

Your shouldn't use Phoner to test wideband codecs! Phoner only samples and renders at 8 KHz, so internally a up/down-sampling is done.
If you use PhonerLite, you can set the sampling rate. You should use 16 kHz to use wideband codecs and their advantages.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint