Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Audio, incoming, switch lines, keys, dtmf (Read 25695 times)
Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Audio, incoming, switch lines, keys, dtmf
22. Jul 2009 at 01:43
Print Post  
My audio on outgoing calls is intermittently corrupted (unintelligible audio).  I think the other party hears me ok (not certain).  How can I fix this?

I have not yet answered any calls and don’t yet know how that part is working.  Is there an exchange where users trade calls to test these systems?  It probably would not cost to use SIP #s to test basic connection and audio quality.   

“There can be more than one configuration - so called profiles. But only one of these profiles can be active.”  Will incoming calls on another line ring and be answerable just the same?  (Can it be seamless?)  I want to use my sipgate.com for incoming calls.  200 trial calling minutes are ending, and I want to use my VoipDiscount account for outgoing calling.  Will I have to keep switching lines to answer and place calls?  (I was hoping to set the dial out “line” as default but still receive incoming calls seamlessly.)   

---- Hotkeys:  alt+Num9 connect, alt+Num3 disconnect ----
Can I set Esc to disconnect, and maybe Ctrl+Shift to connect?  Should there be more standardized key commands?   

Will PL have dtmf control in the future (not working?)?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Audio, incoming, switch lines, keys, dtmf
Reply #1 - 22. Jul 2009 at 09:06
Print Post  
Quote:
My audio on outgoing calls is intermittently corrupted (unintelligible audio).  I think the other party hears me ok (not certain).  How can I fix this?

So you hear the remote party with a bad quality? What version of PhonerLite do you use? Are you using a special headset? Did you try a different sampling rate? How do you initiate calls? Do you use a special provider?

Quote:
I have not yet answered any calls and don’t yet know how that part is working.  Is there an exchange where users trade calls to test these systems?  It probably would not cost to use SIP #s to test basic connection and audio quality. 

You can create a profile in PhonerLite without Registrar/Proxy - just to make IP to IP calls. You should enable UPnP (if your router supports it) or maybe STUN. Then make a call to "904@mouselike.org". There is a special menu with some echo test and so on.

Quote:
“There can be more than one configuration - so called profiles. But only one of these profiles can be active.”  Will incoming calls on another line ring and be answerable just the same?  (Can it be seamless?)  I want to use my sipgate.com for incoming calls.  200 trial calling minutes are ending, and I want to use my VoipDiscount account for outgoing calling.  Will I have to keep switching lines to answer and place calls?  (I was hoping to set the dial out “line” as default but still receive incoming calls seamlessly.) 

I told that before. It is not implemented. You may use a service like http://www.mysipswitch.com/ or any other service. In Germany routers from AVM (FRITZ!Box) are very often use. Some of them have an integrated SIP Registrar, so you can register directly at this router and the router registers to the several providers.

Quote:
Hotkeys:...

PhonerLite has some configuration for hotkeys. Any additional solution is not supported.

Quote:
Will PL have dtmf control in the future (not working?)?

It works well! Just use the above address to test!

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 23. Jul 2009 at 03:12
Print Post  
Current version; Plantronics, bluetooth, common model; Sipgate.com & VoipDiscount

Try randomly changing sample rate? What is the tradeoff?

Copied #s in the box and hit return, typed #s, double-clicked on #s?  Initiating calls either works or it doesn't, right?   

904@mouselike.org connected, but I heard nothing. After 29 sec, the call disconnected and the program hung.  PHL crashing frequently now.

What happens if a call comes in, but you have another line open (not the DID line)?  It rings, or it goes to voicemail? Then, after answering and finishing a call, you switch lines to call out? 

alt+Num9 to connect & alt+Num3 to disconnect seem to be the only Hotkeys that work, and the options are on or off, right?

I look forward to an adjustment that will work an outside message system with dtmf commands.  The test call will be helpful if it will work for me.

Mic and speakers set to "Default", but headset is ignored, unless it is specified.  ??

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 23. Jul 2009 at 11:03
Print Post  
Quote:
Try randomly changing sample rate? What is the tradeoff?

Some sound hardware works better using a different sampling rate. So I have an onboard sound device that has bad timing with 8000 Hz sampling rate. The same works very well with 11025 Hz.
If you are using a wideband codec you should use 16000 Hz to use the advantages of wideband.

Quote:
Copied #s in the box and hit return, typed #s, double-clicked on #s?  Initiating calls either works or it doesn't, right?

I don't know what you mean with "#s". This is a placeholder for any phone number?

Quote:
904@mouselike.org connected, but I heard nothing.

You need a public IP address. Therefore I told you to use a STUN server or use UPnP if your router supports it.

Quote:
After 29 sec, the call disconnected and the program hung.  PHL crashing frequently now.

This should be fixed in the latest beta version.

Quote:
What happens if a call comes in, but you have another line open (not the DID line)?  It rings, or it goes to voicemail? Then, after answering and finishing a call, you switch lines to call out?

Yes you can answer the second call. The first call is set to hold automatically - except you have enabled conferencing.

Quote:
alt+Num9 to connect & alt+Num3 to disconnect seem to be the only Hotkeys that work, and the options are on or off, right?

All other doesn't work at all for you? Or you don't like them Smiley

Quote:
Mic and speakers set to "Default", but headset is ignored, unless it is specified.  ??

You should specify the device, else no headset support can be done.

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 24. Jul 2009 at 21:50
Print Post  
I typed in the public address, but the prog crashed again.  I downloaded beta 1.62, and am getting a message "device won't open".  Not sure what the problem is.

Sitting on voipdiscount line, answer did call on other line, end call.  Is it on the did line now? 

What does "Default" speakers mean?  It implies that it automatically selects the headset, IF available, and then the built in mic and speakers.

Why is recording hardware selected separate?  What is good enough for recording is good enough for the operator/user.

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #5 - 24. Jul 2009 at 22:08
Print Post  
Uninstalled PL and extracted beta 1.6.2

Account w no Proxy/register: public address in STUN server , UPnP NAT checked in Network 904@mouselike.org not crashing program, BUT it simply makes some beeping noises.  I hear no menu to test anything in detail.  Status at the bottom is flashing green|red.

I thoulght any SIP account would call other SIP numbers/addresses, regardless of other "phone" capabilities. Why the need for a special account to call a SIP address?

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 25. Jul 2009 at 01:56
Print Post  
Sipgate.com has an echo test that worked ok.  11025 Hz is working better thus far.  Voipdiscount did not connect to the same echo test; Many of these tests are not generic, and others are being charged as a phone call. (?)  

I only see 2 hotkey functions and only the default key options worked.  On my keyboard it is a reach to make the combinations. Several other softphones use "Esc" to hang up.  It seems intuitive and bound to become a standard.

Voipdiscount requires dialing "00 country code phone-#".  "+1 phone#" also works for calling within the US.  Can Phoner lite prepend +1 onto a 10 digit entry?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 25. Jul 2009 at 06:59
Print Post  
Quote:
Account w no Proxy/register: public address in STUN server , UPnP NAT checked in Network

Did you put in a real STUN server or not? You can try "stun.ekiga.net" or any other.

Quote:
Status at the bottom is flashing green|red.

Then you want to register somewhere but it fails.

Quote:
I thoulght any SIP account would call other SIP numbers/addresses, regardless of other "phone" capabilities. Why the need for a special account to call a SIP address?

In theory you can send your normal used SIP provider a SIP-URI not addressing a destination within the providers domain. But unfortunately providers block that.
If you configure a SIP server in PhonerLite, all initial request are sent to this server. You can compare this with an HTTP proxy configured in your vrowser. You can put in a completely different URL but it is send to the proxy.
If you just configure a username and a domain/realm in PhonerLite (no Proxy/Registrar) for each "number" the destination is chosen by analyzing the resulting destination URI.

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 25. Jul 2009 at 08:02
Print Post  
"stun.ekiga.net" seemed to work; 904@mouselike.org connects to said menu. The status still blinks green/red, but I guess thats all the registration I need for now.

DTMF does work, but the keys don't.  Typed digits go into the destination # box for the next "dial out".  It is frustrating to have to use the mouse on the tiny graphic # pad.

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #9 - 27. Jul 2009 at 22:21
Print Post  
I collated some open questions from above:

Does answering a call on “another” line inadvertently switch the lines?

What does "Default" speakers mean?  It implies that it automatically selects the headset, IF available, and the built in mic and speakers otherwise.

Why is recording hardware selected separate?  What is good enough for recording is good enough for the operator/user.   

I only see 2 hotkey functions (answer and hang-up) and only the default key options worked.  On my keyboard it is a reach to make the combinations. Several other softphones use "Esc" to hang up.  It seems intuitive and bound to become a standard.

Voipdiscount requires dialing "00 country code phone-number".  "+1 phone-number" also works for calling within the US.  Can Phoner lite prepend +1 onto a 10 digit entry?

DTMF does work, but the keys don't.  Typed digits go into the destination # box for the next "dial out".  Can Phoner send DTMF from the keyboard too?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 28. Jul 2009 at 09:09
Print Post  
Quote:
Does answering a call on “another” line inadvertently switch the lines?

If you have one active call and a new one is ringing in and you answer that new call, the first call goes on hold and you are speaking with the new one. As long you do no action on that second call, you keep connected with the first one.
To avoid incoming calls, you can press the "Do not distub" button.

Quote:
What does "Default" speakers mean?  It implies that it automatically selects the headset, IF available, and the built in mic and speakers otherwise.

You can set sound devices for Windows itself. So if you choose "Default" the sound devices are used, that are used by Windows itself (system sounds).

Quote:
Why is recording hardware selected separate?

I don't understand that question. Why do you think that shouldn't be?

Quote:
I only see 2 hotkey functions (answer and hang-up) and only the default key options worked.  On my keyboard it is a reach to make the combinations.

I checked some Ctrl and Alt combinations. All work here. But it is true, you can't select Esc.

Quote:
Voipdiscount requires dialing "00 country code phone-number".  "+1 phone-number" also works for calling within the US.  Can Phoner lite prepend +1 onto a 10 digit entry?

Every provider can do this different. PhonerLite is no special client for Voipdiscount, therefore I won't implement such specific feature. Sorry.

Quote:
DTMF does work, but the keys don't.  Typed digits go into the destination # box for the next "dial out".

Try the latest beta version. As long don't click after establishing the call on to another control, you can use the keyboard to send DTMF.

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #11 - 07. Aug 2009 at 07:31
Print Post  
I just noticed Beta 1.63 and downloaded it. For the first time, dtmf worked from the keyboard; That's good news!  Incoming calls were not ringing the program, so I switched the "current account" to my DID account.  That worked, but one would have to anticipate incomming calls to answer them.  The intended/reported behaviour to ring through regardless of the "current account" seems an important requisite to entering two or more accounts.  ??

"If you have one active call and a new one is ringing in and you answer that new call, the first call goes on hold and you are speaking with the new one. As long you do no action on that second call, you keep connected with the first one."
I may have an active call, but probably just sitting idle between calling out on the other account.  Ending the second call ends the original call, I assume.   

It seems that one would choose headset or speakerphone and use either for both communication and recording.  It is not intuitive to me to use a different "pickups" for recording.

Ctrl PgUp and Ctrl PgDwn are connecting and disconnecting the line.  I have no success trying to set other keys for these functions, but they are better for me than the previous keys.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - 08. Aug 2009 at 15:29
Print Post  
Phoner and PhonerLite only support one account at the same time. Sorry.

I just tested to answer a second incong call. The first call is set to hold. After disconnecting the second call the first comes active again. If it doesn't work at your side, please send me the content of the debug window after that calls.

I checked the hotkeys and all combinations worked here. Please tell me an example what combination doesn't work. Please send me a screenshot of your hotkey configuration.

IP Logged

Jeffy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #13 - 09. Aug 2009 at 21:08
Print Post  
At least one of the other softphones registers "accounts" to specific "lines".  That doesn't make sense, but I mistakenly used "lines" in my question, when I ment "accounts".  So, with PhonerLite, I think one with a separate DID and call termination account would leave the DID on in the background to answer calls and switch accounts to make a call.  Incoming calls while engaged in a call on the other account will go straight to voicemail (undetected), right?  Then, after ending a dialed call, the account should be switched back to the DID to field incoming calls.  Would you consider allowing two simultaneous active accounts?  It seems this would be useful to many.  Doesn't BetaMax offer about the cheapest call termination in most countries, and don't people in most countries have access to free or very cheap DID numbers (cheaper even than BetaMax)?  Multiple call termination accounts to call different countries might still require the account switching, but it would be nice to have at least one "base" profile that did not require DID and call termination from the same provider.

I set "Ctrl + right" and "Ctrl + End" as the hotkeys and pressed ok.  They did not work, and on returning to the settings, I find that they reverted to "Ctrl + 6" and "Ctrl + 1". It is essentially requireing the number pad.

Recording:  I have a headset and mic in my laptop to choose from. Maybe others have and use a higher quality handheld mic.  Whichever one they choose for recording, why not transmit the same signal to the other party?  Why record the handheld mic and transmit another mic?  Regarding audio from the other party, it would go through the "record" circuit first (or in parallel?), so the choice of speakers doesn't matter, right?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #14 - 16. Aug 2009 at 18:08
Print Post  
Quote:
Would you consider allowing two simultaneous active accounts?

Please take a look at this site:http://www.mysipswitch.com/
Maybe this is exactly what you are looking for.

Quote:
I set "Ctrl + right" and "Ctrl + End" as the hotkeys and pressed ok.  They did not work, and on returning to the settings, I find that they reverted to "Ctrl + 6" and "Ctrl + 1".

You find the "right arrow" key also on the keyboards right side (numeric pad). There is no difference which arrow key you are using.

Quote:
Recording:  I have a headset and mic in my laptop to choose from. Maybe others have and use a higher quality handheld mic.  Whichever one they choose for recording, why not transmit the same signal to the other party?  Why record the handheld mic and transmit another mic?  Regarding audio from the other party, it would go through the "record" circuit first (or in parallel?), so the choice of speakers doesn't matter, right?

Whats your problem? There are several devices for recording and several devices for playback. Just use the right devices.
I have more recording devices than playback devices...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint