Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic suggestions (Read 17130 times)
Paul Peck
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

suggestions
27. Oct 2009 at 08:41
Print Post  
In greece voip (sip) hosted services are just starting, and I am rolling out a soft system temporarily.

I am greatly impressed with the phoner lite software, it is perfect for our small business, but there are a few things I would really like to be able to do with the software so I am writing a small list of suggestions, I dont nkow if you like them or not, but here goes.

1 - atm you have ringer set for wav mapper, would it be possible to specify the device (like you have on the input and output screen, on the newer motherboards you can support multiple types of devices on one soundcard.

2 - have a message area on the screen, or be able to select from several visual layouts, say like a cisco 7940 (looking type phone, with an area you can send the phone information, text, or images, via the LAN).

3 - the ability to send/request a command to the phone.
-by this I mean a send a dial (say from our internal intranet database, only to the localhost though).
-be able to send messages and images to the phones screen (see 2).
- be able to have some buttons that link to webpaqges, eg simple button that would display in the message area information, e.g simple html page, so they can takl to the local intranet.  services like, seeing the weather in hanover or london, from a locally hosted webserver on the LAN.
You could take this further with having a address book layout, were they have the ability of searching a shared add book on the local webserver, and then click to dial when they have the one.

4 - we are using the omnivoice service in greece, and we are able to initialise two calls, one on hold and one called, and jump between the two calls, would it be possible if we could transfer the call to an extension.  I have spoken with their techy and he has stated that everything works up until the point you want to transfer the call, but there is no button to do so.

finally option 3 would allow so much functionality to be added to the desktop phone, benig able to send it html, txt or images, as this would allow me to use it as an internal messaging system aswell.

Anyways I hope you like the ideas, sugestions, and I hope I see a reply soon.

bad_example.JPG ( 13 KB | Downloads )
bad_example.JPG

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: suggestions
Reply #1 - 29. Oct 2009 at 20:50
Print Post  
Quote:
1 - atm you have ringer set for wav mapper, would it be possible to specify the device (like you have on the input and output screen, on the newer motherboards you can support multiple types of devices on one soundcard.

All Windows sounds (alert boxes, shutdown, ...) are played on the default device. For me it is OK that PhonerLite rings on exactly that device. If this doesn't work for you, you have selected the wrong default device or the wrong mixer settings.

Quote:
2 - have a message area on the screen, or be able to select from several visual layouts, say like a cisco 7940 (looking type phone, with an area you can send the phone information, text, or images, via the LAN).

You can send short text messages right now. Just open the message tab in options menu. Sending images, files or whatever is done by alot of existing messengers. PhonerLite should only handle voice communication.

Quote:
3 - the ability to send/request a command to the phone.
-by this I mean a send a dial (say from our internal intranet database, only to the localhost though).

PhonerLite has a built in COM server. You can register the type library by starting "PhonerLite.exe -i" with full admin rights. If you have questions for that, please open a new thread.

Quote:
-be able to send messages and images to the phones screen (see 2).

That is not my goal with PhonerLite. Sorry.

Quote:
- be able to have some buttons that link to webpaqges, eg simple button that would display in the message area information, e.g simple html page, so they can takl to the local intranet.  services like, seeing the weather in hanover or london, from a locally hosted webserver on the LAN. [quote]
PhonerLite can integrate web browsing in a separate tab. If that would fulfill you wishes, please contact me again.

[quote]You could take this further with having a address book layout, were they have the ability of searching a shared add book on the local webserver, and then click to dial when they have the one.

So you want to integrate an external address book? Like LDAP? I don't want to support proprietary HTML parsing.

Quote:
4 - we are using the omnivoice service in greece, and we are able to initialise two calls, one on hold and one called, and jump between the two calls, would it be possible if we could transfer the call to an extension.  I have spoken with their techy and he has stated that everything works up until the point you want to transfer the call, but there is no button to do so.

You are right - there is no button. All call transfer is done by drag&drop! Just "combine" the two calls.

Please keep in mind that development of Phoner and PhonerLite is just a hobby of mine. I have a regular job too. In my free time after work I want to spend with my family. You see, there is no time to for great new features.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint