Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic (English) I have trouble with most phone numbers (Read 3602 times)
Grenland, Norway
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

(English) I have trouble with most phone numbers
06. Aug 2010 at 12:46
Print Post  
Hi, I just installed Phoner and for a few numbers it works good, but for others it doesn't work at all? I recently got an ISDN line installed to be able to make quite a few calls a day, but it became a hazzle to use the phone and I was looking for a simpler way, for instance, using the PC seemed like a good solution, so I ran across Phoner which seems very good - if I only can get it to work Smiley

I can call all mobile numbers which starts at 9, but not mobile numbers starting with other numbers. Neither can I call landline numbers here in Norway - which is most important.

A number like: 356016XX (my home number) won't work, but a number like 995828XX (my mobile) will work. Neither will Mobile numbers starting with other numbers than 9, like my girlfriends number 4121XXXX - doesn't work neither.

Anyone know what to do?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: (English) I have trouble with most phone numbers
Reply #1 - 06. Aug 2010 at 14:36
Print Post  
I assume that you have configured German location settings (Options/ISDN/Location) like country and area code. Additionally you should disable loading German area codes (Options/ISDN/Area codes).
German settings are pre configured in Phoner, because in Germany ISDN is very popular. If you open the debug windows you can see the number that is dialed. Wrong location settings can cause strange numbers dialed.
Background: You have configured a number with country code (e.g. +49xxxxxxx). Here in Germany you can't dial that number. You can't dial numbers to your own country with the own country code. Therefore Phoner has to delete the country code prefix from the number and dial the rest of the number. This may be not the case in other countries.

IP Logged

Grenland, Norway
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 06. Aug 2010 at 14:59
Print Post  
Hi, thanks for answering and helping. I think I messed up even more now. 

My country code is +47 - and it doesn't matter if you enter it or not, you will still be able to call and receive calls in Norway.

I deleted the German area-codes and restarted, I deleted the country-code.

First, before restat: I got to call other numbers (Allright) - however, I coulden't hear them.

Second: Same problem as I had initially, "34:No circuit / channel available" - however, now I can't call any numbers, not even numbers starting with 9 (mobiles)

I'll try to restart the computer and see if has anything to do with that. I use a Siemens Gigaset SX303 ISDN btw, and a standard (rather cheap) USB headset, but it works with other software, like a softphone for my ip-phone (X-lite) and Skype etc.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 06. Aug 2010 at 17:19
Print Post  
Do you have selected the sound devices explicitely in Phoner? Please take a look at Options/Sound.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint