Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Conferencing (Read 8262 times)
Its Me Hossenpheffer
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Conferencing
08. Apr 2013 at 18:41
Print Post  
What is the proper method of using conferencing? What are the steps?

I have someone connected (call them party 1) - I want to connect another party (party 2).  I push the conferencing button and then dial?  Is that the whole series of steps?

Party 1 tells me that he can hear, but he gets muted when I do that.  In addition, he gets echo at that point too (but not prior to conferencing).

Please advise.

Thank you

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Conferencing
Reply #1 - 10. Apr 2013 at 10:56
Print Post  
Scenario 1:
You have no call and you press (activate) the conference button. All (incoming and outgoing) calls will now be in a local conference.

Scenario 2:
You have one active call. Now you press (activate9 the conference button. Nothings changes so far. If you now initiate an additional call, it will be in the local. conference too.

IP Logged

vlkrl
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 04. Mar 2016 at 09:50
Print Post  
topic up
What is scenario if I in conference yet and pressing conference button to deactivate it? Now there is strange behavior, conference not stops but first caller still hear second with low volume.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 04. Mar 2016 at 10:32
Print Post  
Without conference the behavior is the following. Only one call is active and others are set to hold automatically.
In conference mode all calls keep active and the audio streams are mixed.
Disabling the conference just stops the mixing. If you now switch between the calls (by selecting it) the others will be set on hold again. Disabling conference doesn't set any calls on hold right now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint