Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Problems with receiving calls and caller-ID (Read 7439 times)
Sovjohn
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Problems with receiving calls and caller-ID
18. Oct 2014 at 20:35
Print Post  
Hello,

I recently installed Phonerlite and it seems nice so far.

However, I am facing some issues which I hope can be resolved:

a) Although Phonerlite seems to correctly register in my SIP provider, I cannot receive calls. When I make a call to the number, it does not seem to reach Phonerlite at all. Since I have input correct settings everywhere, I am wondering what else to check about this.

b) I am able to make calls normally. However, when I am calling a number (my mobile phone for example) I do not see the correct caller ID displayed, even though it is input in the settings. I see "Unknown".

Ich brauche Hilfe, denn... Cheesy

Thanks for the help in advance!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Problems with receiving calls and caller-ID
Reply #1 - 21. Oct 2014 at 09:39
Print Post  
Does any other device uses the same account at the same time? So if your router uses the same account too, the SIP provider gets two registrations from the same IP address. Some providers have trouble with that.

You have not enabled number suppression in PhonerLite? Check also your account details on the web site of your SIP provider. Sometimes number suppression is enabled there by default.

IP Logged

Sovjohn
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 23. Oct 2014 at 12:49
Print Post  
Hi,

No, this is not the case. I have a quite good understanding of VOIP technology (have worked in an ISP in the past, in their NOC), and to put it simply:

For the first issue - In the 'debug' window it seems that only things like 102 OPTIONS are transmitted from the server to Phonerlite. There is definitely no other device being connected to the account.

What's weird is that, as I mentioned, calls can be made no problem - but not received on Phonerlite, nothing even attempts to initiate a SIP session there. I don't know what to presume, when in the same provider and the same settings (and the same computer) other clients such as 3CX phone worked perfectly.

For the second issue, no, CLIR / suppression is not enabled in Phonerlite, and my number is input in "Displayed Name" "Phone Number" and "Mailbox Name" fields. Regardless, the number comes as "Unknown" to callers.

I know that my VOIP provider has an Asterisk-based configuration, nothing particularly exotic, that's why I did not expect such problems.

If you wish, I can help you troubleshoot Phonerlite in case it has a problem with the provider, otherwise if you do not believe a solution can be found, I will just uninstall it and the mystery will remain there Smiley

IP Logged

Sovjohn
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #3 - 23. Oct 2014 at 18:58
Print Post  
Hello,

It appears that my provider had issued new settings, so please consider this request obsolete now - Everything is working fine with Phonerlite.

Have a nice evening!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 24. Oct 2014 at 08:06
Print Post  
Thanks for the update.
Maybe others are interested in the problem you had and the way you solved it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint