Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Logbook problems (Read 13639 times)
JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Logbook problems
09. Jun 2016 at 15:55
Print Post  
1) Sort by date/time doesn' work properly
The log probably contains dates in text-format, instead of date values. I sometimes change my date settings for my system, for testing purposes. Dates in the log are then not shown in the new format. This all makes sorting by date/time impossible. Could you repair this please?? Use the iso-format internally, for example?

2) Exporting the logbook doesn't work
Select All, then Copy will copy only the first column.
Please repair...

By the way: thank you for this excellent tool!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Logbook problems
Reply #1 - 09. Jun 2016 at 16:16
Print Post  
You are right - the date/time is stored as text. Changing the thy system setting for date/time format causes such problem. I can't change that.

The complete log is stored as text file (logbook.csv). I had to change that completely to a new format - I don't want to do that. 

You can copy multiple "lines" by opening this "logbook.csv" with any text editor.

Please keep in mind that PhonerLite is just a hobby project of mine.

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 14. Jun 2016 at 10:02
Print Post  
I do understand it's a hobby project, and a good one, that's for sure. But I hope that doesn't imply that it doesn't have to be perfect... And I'm just trying to help, so don't shoot the messenger.  Wink

In my humble opinion, all you would have to do is change the text format to ISO, i.e. yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ssZ (always save as GMT date+time). It's text-sortable, locales can easily be applied in later stages, changing a locale or time zone is allowed, etc.

I'll have a look at the logbook.csv file. I assume I can edit it and correct all formats? I'll just try Smiley Thanks!!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 14. Jun 2016 at 10:29
Print Post  
A normal user don't change the date/time format often. Therefore I don't see it necessary to change my file format here.

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 14. Jun 2016 at 10:42
Print Post  
Hm, I removed all old lines, in a d/m/y or m/d/y format, to leave only lines with d-m-y. It only looks better now, but sorting still doesn't work. What locale should be used in order to make sorting work in PhonerLite??

Ah, and there was a line with -1;;;;; in the logbook file. Once I removed that, some sort of sorting works, but it still is far from correct. Pity...

By the way: I found the logbook.csv file in the Program Files\PhonerLite folder. Is that a problem of my system, should it be in AppData somewhere, or did you change folder settings in the latest version(s)? Can folder settings be configured somehow?

Just asking...  Embarrassed

PS: I'm on W10 using PhonerLite 2.38

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 14. Jun 2016 at 10:58
Print Post  
You should NOT change the file manually!

The location of dynamic files like phonebook, logbook and settings depend on access rights.
If you install/extract PhonerLite into a folder where you have full write permissions, all that files are saved in this same folder.
If you install/extract PhonerLite below "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" then you don't have write permissions! In this case all that files are saved in your personal folder (APPDATA).

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 23. Jun 2016 at 16:46
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 14. Jun 2016 at 10:29:
A normal user don't change the date/time format often. Therefore I don't see it necessary to change my file format here.

No comment...  Angry

But, after my changes to the logbook file (of course I changed and saved it), sorting still doesn't work. The list is a total mess, to me there's lo logic in it whatsoever. Er, did I suggest earlier to use ISO-dates? Oh, I already did... so I won't suggest it again.  Wink

For the rest: an excellent application, in combination with the Fritz-box I have. Thanks! 

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 24. Jun 2016 at 09:41
Print Post  
I just uploaded a new beta version. Can you please try if sorting works now?

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 27. Jun 2016 at 14:03
Print Post  
Ah, thank you for the beta! And I'm so sorry, it still doesn't work, still a mess (see screenshot).

I'll also add my logbook file, it might be easier for you. There are 2 entries for today, 27-Jun.
« Last Edit: 27. Jun 2016 at 15:43 by JeffB »  

Capture.PNG ( 24 KB | 287 Downloads )
Capture.PNG

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #9 - 27. Jun 2016 at 14:04
Print Post  
Hm, couldn't add the 2nd attachment in the previous message, so here it is now:

logbook_censored.csv ( 14 KB | 288 Downloads )

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 28. Jun 2016 at 10:45
Print Post  
None of my system configured locales could decode your date/time format!
Now I changed it completely. The logbook has a context menu where you can switch the date/time format. If you select this ISO format, all new entries have a fixed format - independent of the configured format in Windows.

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #11 - 29. Jun 2016 at 14:00
Print Post  
Da bin ich wirklich gerührt... Tadellos... 

Recht vielen Dank!

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #12 - 15. Jul 2016 at 10:54
Print Post  
Sorry to disturb you once again: it doesn't (continue to) work. It worked the first day (I think), but now the entries in the log are in the wrong format like:
2;anonymous;13-Jul-16 16:15:57;00:00:18;487:Cancelled;;

It could be a start-up problem... It is, I just checked. I reset the ISO option, then set it, and made a call to myself. The format is correct in that case. So it seems to be an initialization problem. 

Could you look into this again? Please?

Just another question: is there an option to make PhonerLite pop up when there's a call, so the full window an not only the small popup in the corner? If there is, I can't find it...  Embarrassed

Thanks!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #13 - 15. Jul 2016 at 11:00
Print Post  
I don't understand. Does it work for you or not?
If I enable this ISO setting it uses it after terminating and restart of the application. But only new entries are effected. Old entries were not converted. Is that your question?

To enable the main window for incoming calls: right click the main toolbar - you will see a context menu with such option.

IP Logged

JeffB
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #14 - 16. Jul 2016 at 10:21
Print Post  
No it doesn't work. I had only "old" entries in the log, over the last 2 weeks, since the update. I converted older entries by hand, using Notepad++.

What I noticed is that, when I manually deactivate and then reactivate the ISO option using the context menu, it works again. So my conclusion was that, during initialization of the application, ISO isn't correctly activated. Could that be the case?

I'll do more tests later today (can't do it right now, for our guests are still sleeping...)   Wink

I found the main context menu, and the option Window automatically to the foreground is activated. Only, it doesn't. Maybe it's because I selected somewhere (can't find where exactly) that PhonerLite should be hidden from the task bar when minimized.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint