Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ring volume control (Read 5211 times)
Sickoff_
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Ring volume control
20. Mar 2017 at 16:57
Print Post  
Is there any possibility to change the ring volume? Or add the feature? I can't find anything in the GUI and I don't know if there is something in the PhonerLite.ini file.

The calls are ringing in the headset and it would be nice to change the volume of the ring, without change the volume of the call, now it's too loud.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Ring volume control
Reply #1 - 21. Mar 2017 at 08:58
Print Post  
The ring volume can't be set in PhonerLite. For incoming calls the file "RingIn.wav" will be played. You can chose which sound device should be used for playing this file: Options/Ringing/Sound device
I assume a different sound device is configured here than for telephony. You have some options now:
  • Change the general volume of the ringing device
  • Use the same sound device for ringing and telephony
  • Use a differing ringing file or edit the file and reduce the the volume within this file

IP Logged

Sickoff_
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 21. Mar 2017 at 15:44
Print Post  
Hi, thanks for the response.

I've only the headset connected, so it's the only sound device that I have. I will try the last option, if i can put a ringing file with reduced volume, it could do the trick.

Thanks!  Wink

Edit: I've reduced the volume of the audio file with Audacity and it works perfectly. If someone does the same, the audio file export has to be WAV 16bit.

IP Logged

Ididathing
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #3 - 19. May 2020 at 16:54
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 21. Mar 2017 at 08:58:
The ring volume can't be set in PhonerLite. For incoming calls the file "RingIn.wav" will be played. You can chose which sound device should be used for playing this file: Options/Ringing/Sound device
I assume a different sound device is configured here than for telephony. You have some options now:
  • Change the general volume of the ringing device
  • Use the same sound device for ringing and telephony
  • Use a differing ringing file or edit the file and reduce the the volume within this file

If you search for "phonerlite ring volume" in Google you end up here. 

I did as advised above and reduced the volumen of the original RingIn.wav file. 

Just download the attached file, make a backup of the original RingIn.wav and then replace it with the one attached here. 

Usually the file is located in this directory

Code
Select All
C:\Program Files (x86)\PhonerLite 

If you want to do it yourself google for:  "audacity + amplify + reduce volume". 

Best
« Last Edit: 20. May 2020 at 15:16 by Ididathing »  

RingIn.wav ( 17 KB | 248 Downloads )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint