Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Compatibility with USB Phone? (Read 2210 times)
Terrum
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Compatibility with USB Phone?
19. Apr 2017 at 13:12
Print Post  
I have a USB UP-90 phone which appears to just use Windows drivers for 'speakers' and a 'microphone'.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/hedychan/product-detailCHmxnUQDmEKV/China-... is the USB phone.

https://www.voiptalk.org/products/pdf/usb_phone_manual.pdf is the manual and it comes with its own software.

The software is very simple, where you select the software you use. It is compatible with Skype, X-Lite and other software. It appears this software is written in C++ and from what I can see all it does is macro certain packets from the USB device to the selected software.

I used a program to rename the window title of PhonerLite to X-Lite, so the phone software thinks PhonerLite is X-Lite and therefore transmits those packets to PhonerLite.

This is a relatively good solution as when I pick up the USB phone from its hook, it will open the software and instantly I can hear the dial tone and will close the software when phone is put back on hook.

There is, unfortunately, some incompatibilities though (as expected, seeing as it's a completely different software to X-Lite). The keypad doesn't work and call will not automatically answer when picking up the phone from the hook.

Does anyone know of any software that would be compatible with this USB phone that could replace the software that comes with it? As it seems pretty limited and, if I can sniff the packets that the USB phone sends, I can probably assist in having some custom software written.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Many thanks Smiley

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Compatibility with USB Phone?
Reply #1 - 23. Apr 2017 at 09:23
Print Post  
As long as the headset doesn't use official HID commands, I can't do anything.
The development of PhonerLite is just a hobby project of mine. I have no time for such individual adaptations. Sorry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint