Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dialtone heard during calls (Read 4518 times)
jg75996
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Dialtone heard during calls
01. Jun 2017 at 19:05
Print Post  
Hello!

Just recently found out about PhonerLite and am trying it out.  So far, I have an issue where when I receive a call or when I initiate a call, a dialtone is heard throughout the call session.

I have tried both version 2.49 and the new 2.50 Beta.

My environment is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Thank you!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Dialtone heard during calls
Reply #1 - 02. Jun 2017 at 09:31
Print Post  
You have entered the credentials of a SIP service and registration was successfully? You can see that in the status bar of PhonerLite.
You can initiate calls and you hear your phone partner but additionally that dialtone? That is strange. I can't reproduce that here. What SIP service are you using?

IP Logged

jg75996
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 12. Jun 2017 at 15:19
Print Post  
Hello Phoner Admin,

Sorry to take so long to reply back...

The SIP service that I am using is actually one that is offered offered by an older VoIP software called TeleVantage.  This program is used successfully with the softphones from CounterPath, Bria and X-Lite.

I see that the PhonerLite program is registered.
On the Server tab, I have the Proxy/Registrar field filled in using the server's IP address.  The Register and MWI checkboxes are ticked.  The STUN server field and Domain/Realm field are empty.
On the User tab, the User name field is filled in with my extension number and it is checked.  Password field is populated.
On the Network tab, Local Port is set to 5060, Preferred connection type is UDP. and QoS is the only option that is checked.

Thank you!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 13. Jun 2017 at 09:07
Print Post  
Are you using a special headset? I can't imagine that PhonerLite generates a dial tone all the time even for active calls. Maybe PhonerLite handles your special headset incompletely. Some headset devices generate tones for their own.

IP Logged

jg75996
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 05. Jul 2017 at 19:46
Print Post  
Actually, yes, I am.

It is a Jabra Evolve 65 wireless headset that uses a Jabra Link 360 USB Bluetooth transceiver.

http://www.jabra.com/business/office-headsets/jabra-evolve/jabra-evolve-65

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 06. Jul 2017 at 10:09
Print Post  
Sorry, but I have possibility to test with this device.
Instead of selecting this device for recording and playback in PhonerLite, you can chose "Default". Additionally you should select this device as the default communication device in your Windows system settings. Then PhonerLite uses this device as pure sound device and doesn't set additional things like the ringer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint