Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Global Hotkey to toggle window (Read 2829 times)
Brother Gabriel

Global Hotkey to toggle window
13. Dec 2017 at 20:17
Print Post  
PhonerLite has global hotkeys to connect and disconnect.
But all I want is a global hotkey to toggle the window.  I've tried to write an autohotkey script to work with the window, but for some reason I can't get a good handle on the PhonerLite gui.

So, maybe there could be a global hotkey added to the hotkey options panel for simply show/hide the gui?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Global Hotkey to toggle window
Reply #1 - 14. Dec 2017 at 08:59
Print Post  
Ich halte eigentlich gar nichts von globalen Hotkeys - erst recht nicht, wenn diese die GUI beeinflussen. Vorallem genügt ein einziger Klick auf den Minimieren-Button und danach ein einziger Klick auf das Icon in der Taskleiste. Ich sehe da jetzt nicht die Notwendigkeit des Minimierens/Wiederherstellen per Hotkey. Sorry.

IP Logged

Brother Gabriel

Reply #2 - 14. Dec 2017 at 16:06
Print Post  
Well, although I am very thankful that you share your nice program with us, sometimes you disappoint in that you judge other people's requests according to your own preferences.  It's your prerogative, though, since you share out of kindness; I understand if you don't want to spend time, but it is possible you could be more understanding.

The reason I wanted a button is so that when the phone rings I don't have scramble to first find my mouse cursor, then find the little green button to click on it.  Also, if I want to make a phone call, I don't have to do that either.   

With a global hotkey, all I have to do is push one button (no hunting, no mouse) and the gui is there.  So much easier!

Anyway, if anybody *else* is interested in having a global hotkey to toggle PhonerLite, I finally got my autohotkey script working.  You can get the code here on my gist page.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 14. Dec 2017 at 16:10
Print Post  
For incoming calls you should see a small dialog window with the number of the caller. You can answer the call with a hotkey right now. 

And once again: I develop PhonerLite for my own personal use. If I don't like a special feature, I won't implement it. Please understand this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint