Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to reset Google Contacts? (Read 4785 times)
Brother Gabriel

How to reset Google Contacts?
05. Mar 2018 at 17:25
Print Post  
Not too long ago I changed gmail addresses.  How do I change the login account for the google contacts tab?

I can't find any option or command to change the settings.
Now, I could edit the ini file, but I can't encrypt the password there.
I tried deleting the .res file and the .csv for google contacts, but it didn't give me any new sign in box.

When I push the refresh button, it just says "authentication failed (200)" and that's it.

In the google contacts toolbar, there are buttons for refresh and clear, then there are two separators where it looks like a button should be but isn't.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: How to reset Google Contacts?
Reply #1 - 06. Mar 2018 at 08:26
Print Post  
You seem to use an old version of PhonerLite. Google changes the type of authentication for such type of access. The application (PhonerLite) don't get in touch with any username or password for your Google account anymore. So please update to the latest version of PhonerLite. There are now two buttons: one for reset the access and one for synchronization. If you are not authorized, the sync button shows you a dialog with an id. You have to enter that id at the given URL.

IP Logged

Maryjohn
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 12. Jun 2018 at 13:11
Print Post  
Google Contacts has plenty of room for storing information for all of your friends and business associates. But sometimes, you just don't need all of it.
If you start deleting entries and make a mistake, the information isn't lost forever. Instead, it can be retrieved with the restore feature nestled in the Google Contacts menu. Here's where to find it:
Step 1: Open the new Google Contacts website in your browser. 
Step 2: In the menu on the left, click More and choose Restore Contacts.
Enlarge Image
Screenshot by Nicole Cozma/CNET
Step 3: Choose the appropriate time frame to include the deleted contact and then click Restore.
Your deleted, merged and edited contacts will all be restored to the point in time that you chose.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 12. Jun 2018 at 13:39
Print Post  
You can't delete contacts imported from Google in PhonerLite. So the last post has NOTHING to do with PhonerLite!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint