Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Two PC's ring with new call? (Read 6047 times)
DaveR
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Two PC's ring with new call?
26. Jul 2018 at 18:38
Print Post  
I need to have two PC's in different rooms running Phoner(Lite) at the same time.  Both need to ring when a call comes in.  My provider says that I can have up to four active at a time, but the only Phoner(Lite) that rings is the last one registered.   

I don't know if it matters, but I have Multicast DNS checked, there is no Neighbors tab.

IP Logged

DaveR
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Re: Two PC's ring with new call?
Reply #1 - 26. Jul 2018 at 20:52
Print Post  
I should have mentioned that my provider says I can have up to four registered devices on-line at the same time and they should all receive calls.

GRUU is unchecked.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 27. Jul 2018 at 08:19
Print Post  
Don't use "Multicast DNS" if you don't want to call locally.

Some Providers support multiple Registrations, but from different IP addresses. Your two instances in the LAN are behind the same router so they have the same external IP address.
I have a router (AVM Fritz!Box) that supports internal SIP extensions (included IP PBX). I can register PhonerLite (even multiple) to that router. The router is the only device that communicates with the VoIP provider and distributes incoming calls to the registered extensions. Maybe you should think about such a solution.

IP Logged

DaveR
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #3 - 28. Jul 2018 at 16:31
Print Post  
Needing a special router to make two PC's on the same LAN be able to receive SIP calls from the same account at the same didn't make sense to me.  The setup where I was not able to receive incoming calls, by incoming call I mean ring to alert - not talk, was two PC's both running PhonerLite.  So I:

> Installed Zoiper for Android on my cell phone, also on the same network and it would ring simultaneously with one PC running PhonerLite.  Oddly, it switched from one PC to the other on a subsequent call, but never both at the same time.
> Installed Zoiper free on a laptop, it would ring simultaneously with one PC running PhonerLite and my cell phone.
> Installed Zoiper free on one of the PC's, all Zoiper apps rang simultaeneously.
> Installed Zoiper free on the other PC, all four devices rang simultaeneously.

So it seems that the issue is PhonerLite, not the router.  I still prefer PhonerLite, but need all instances of the SIP app to ring at the same time.  Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 30. Jul 2018 at 10:20
Print Post  
PhonerLite doesn't know anything about other devices or other software running simultaneously. PhonerLite get messages from the provider and send back answers to the provider - but there is no communication to other endpoints. So if PhonerLite doesn't ring, it doesn't get messages from the provider (SIP server).

IP Logged

DaveR
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #5 - 30. Jul 2018 at 15:47
Print Post  
Is it possible that there's something in the way PhonerLite registers with the provider that tells the provider to communicate directly with it and not use multicast?  All I know is four instances of Zoiper on four different machines ring simultaneously and PhonerLite will not.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - 30. Jul 2018 at 15:59
Print Post  
Registration in PhonerLite is visible as successful?
Can you open the debug window and clear the content by pressing the del key in it (click into the debug window once before). Are there any entries appear for an incoming call?

IP Logged

DaveR
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #7 - 30. Jul 2018 at 17:01
Print Post  
It is showing that it is registered.  If I turn on Debug on the machine that does not receive the call the Debug window is empty and stays empty.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint