Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic In Codec Issue (Read 2627 times)
Combo
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

In Codec Issue
03. Apr 2019 at 22:35
Print Post  
Hello,

I use sipgate and have my number setup with them and have all details registered and shows green. Everytime a calls come through to the computer the in:-, Codec shows as blank the out shows A:LAW, Therefore my calls keep disconnecting and trying to reconnect after 24 seconds. Causing me issues as what im using the number for looks like it's fraud with constant calls with little seconds. 

Can someone help, I tried google and iv tried different codecs. This happening on the 2.70 and 2.71 versions. Thanks

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: In Codec Issue
Reply #1 - 04. Apr 2019 at 08:32
Print Post  
There seems to be a problem with your firewall or NAT. Do you have configured a STUN server? If yes, try without STUN (set field empty and save). 
Do you have installed any additional firewall on your PC except the one provided by Microsoft?

IP Logged

Combo
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 04. Apr 2019 at 16:18
Print Post  
Hi,

Stun field is empty, And it's just windows firewall. But it's using UDP so opening port on the routers firewall isn't necessary i don't believe?

Thanks

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 04. Apr 2019 at 16:27
Print Post  
Then it depends on your router and your VoIP provider.
If you havn't configured a STUN server, PhonerLite doesn't know the public IP address and therefore uses the private IP address of the PC. Most providers can handle this. If your VoIP provider needs a correct public IP address then you have to configure a STUN server. Normally your provider tells you what STUN server you have to use. But you can use any other too, e.g. "stun.ekiga.net". It depends on your router of that works. Just give it a try.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint