Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dual Registration (Read 2148 times)
Sip Phoner
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Dual Registration
31. May 2019 at 18:20
Print Post  
I may have already used PhonerLite around 10 years. It's always the first choice when I need SIP soft phone. Thanks you very much!

I am just wondering if it's possible to add dual registration feature into it. If query of server's FQDN returns 2 IP addresses, could PhonerLite register both servers? Or allow to set up 2 IP addresses of SIP servers in configuration?

If one server is down and PhonerLite has dual registration, the other server can reach PhonerLite immediately if the server needs to send a call to PhonerLite. Currently PhonerLite needs to get timeout of re-registering then switch registration to another server IP. Before switching, PhonerLite can't receive calls.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Dual Registration
Reply #1 - 03. Jun 2019 at 08:38
Print Post  
PhonerLite is just a hobby project of mine and I implement only features I am using for my own. I don't need multiple accounts at the same time, because I have a router with PBX functionality. I can register PhonerLite at this PBX. The PBX itself can handle multiple external accounts and distributes incoming calls to the local extensions by some rules. 

So please understand that I don't implement this multi-account feature.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint