Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic phonebook encoding issue (Read 64 times)
Stan
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 4
Joined: 09. Jul 2019
phonebook encoding issue
10. Oct 2019 at 15:25
Print Post  
Hello,

When the phonebook.csv file isn't created by PhonerLite, I have noticed that UTF8 chars aren't being printed properly in the 'search bar' for the records coming from the phonebook, as well as in the 'phonebook' tab itself.

E.g. Héléne is being printed as Héléne .

However, editing the name manually from within PL fixes it by some reason, however, because I'm overwriting that file daily with fresh data - next day the same issue appears.

I have opened the 'downloaded' phonebook using OpenOffice Calc, and the name appears normally.

Regards,
Stan
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 9406
Location: Germany
Joined: 12. Oct 2003
Gender: Male
Re: phonebook encoding issue
Reply #1 - 11. Oct 2019 at 09:01
Print Post  
ES ist nicht vorgesehen, dass das Telefonbuch "von außen" eingespielt wird. Aber abgesehen davon vermute ich, dass der BOM hier fehlt.

Sorry, I answered in German. What I wanted to say: I expect the BOM is missing.
« Last Edit: 11. Oct 2019 at 11:19 by Phoner Admin »  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Stan
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 4
Joined: 09. Jul 2019
Re: phonebook encoding issue
Reply #2 - 11. Oct 2019 at 09:54
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick reply, I will check the BOM.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint