Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Consisten crash when waking from sleep (Read 6574 times)
sunbeam60
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Consisten crash when waking from sleep
17. Apr 2020 at 10:52
Print Post  
Hi,

PhonerLite is awesome!!

But: It consistently crashes when my PC goes to sleep and then wakes up again. I'm currently using "Restart On Crash" program to keep it running.

Anyone experiencing the same? The tray icon lingers on after the crash, so without a crash monitoring app kicking PhonerLite back into life, I don't even notice that it's died (until I hover the mouse over the tray icon, after which it disappears).

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Consisten crash when waking from sleep
Reply #1 - 17. Apr 2020 at 14:28
Print Post  
So you don't get any message box? That is strange. 
At Configuration/Server there is a checkbox named "Registration". There is context menu for this checkbox (right click). If you enable the first option there, does that change anything?

IP Logged

sunbeam60
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 22. Apr 2020 at 10:39
Print Post  
Hi,

No, no message box. Just a silent crash.

If you mean this check-box, it was already checked and has always been checked.

Happy to share logs or anything else that would be helpful to chase this down. I'm on a Surface Pro 5 if it makes any difference.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 22. Apr 2020 at 11:09
Print Post  
I tried it now several times. I could not reproduce any error. Maybe it is something special on your Surface Pro. Sorry, I don't know what I can do.

IP Logged

floribe2000
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 24. Apr 2020 at 17:29
Print Post  
I have the exact same issue with Phoner and PhonerLite. 
Everything works fine until I lock the computer and it shuts off the monitor. When I log back in it just disappears from taskbar or tray (tested it with minimizing to tray instead of taskbar).

A clean install of Windows doesn't help to fix it. I have a "normal" desktop computer.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 27. Apr 2020 at 11:27
Print Post  
Sorry to hear that. But I am still not able to reproduce that here. So I can't do anything right now,

IP Logged

sunbeam60
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 06. May 2020 at 08:34
Print Post  
Hi again,

Understood - without a repro, it's impossible to do something. Today I did receive a "proper" crash, in the sense that I got a stack-trace in an error dialogue.

Given that all the other crashes happened without this error dialogue, perhaps this is not the same crash, but I've attached it here nonetheless, hoping it may prove helpful.

Regards

PhonerLite_crash_stack.txt ( 11 KB | 173 Downloads )

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 06. May 2020 at 14:35
Print Post  
In this callstack I can see that the resolution of your display changed (DPI changed). Do you have attached a second monitor to your PC and moved PhonerLite from one to the other?
There are some small changes in the current beta version of PhonerLite. You can try that if you want.

IP Logged

sunbeam60
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 18. May 2020 at 10:40
Print Post  
Hi,

Sorry for the slowness of this interaction; I forget to check the forum, but have now checked the notification display.

Yes, that's exactly right! My surface (high-DPI) is connected to a low-DPI monitor and depending on how it wakes up, it seems to "activate" (connect) to the secondary monitor.

I haven't moved PhonerLite when these crashes occur - it happens when PhonerLite is minimized to the tray ... don't know if there's a DPI global change that occurs as Windows makes accomodations for two displays, having different DPIs. Could be that when the secondary display connects (as the Surface wakes itself up due to someone walking past the Windows Hello camera), Windows makes global changes to the DPI environment.

Let me know if you'd like me to test some specific scenarios - happy to pitch in.

IP Logged

sunbeam60
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #9 - 18. May 2020 at 10:49
Print Post  
I updated to 2.79 (not sure if this is the beta), but I don't think the high-DPI handling works on this one.

See https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlenWkCGsx0cxY91NNEqL4qhkSDxgA?e=jdmrvb for a recording; the "red dotted" area is my secondary screen, low-DPI, and when I drag PhonerLite to this screen something goes hay-wire. On the recording it looks like PhonerLite restores itself on the secondary screen eventually, it's actually now twice the size (BandiCam can't handle the different DPIs so just records in one resolution).

I'm not sure where to get the Beta from, but happy to give it a whirl if it's not the 2.79 version I updated to.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 18. May 2020 at 12:36
Print Post  
Sorry, but I don't have such hardware environment. I have two monitors and can check with different DPI. In my scenario I don't get such error.
I suggest you should take a look at another solution.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint