Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Phonerlite connecting case (Read 3282 times)
Temo
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Phonerlite connecting case
06. Jul 2020 at 16:31
Print Post  
Hi, 

I hope you are doing well in this pandemic period. your soft is one of the free and great VoIP softphone at the same time. Thanks for its availability.

We have some issue with your program. At some cases, phonerlite can not connect to our VoIP server, but at the same time we have no any kind of problem with another softphone.( We are using Zoiper as secondary soft ) . program needs 1 to 3 hours to get registered status, it repairs itself   Cry

can you help with that case ? 

Note: this problem comes after our operators are working from home. so they are using VPN to connect to our VoIP server. 

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Phonerlite connecting case
Reply #1 - 07. Jul 2020 at 14:38
Print Post  
I have no experience with phone calls over VPN. Normally an application doesn't need to know anything about VPN because it should be transparent.
In the help menu of PhonerLite you can enable the debug window. All sent and received messages can be seen there. Can you send me this output right after the error case occurs? Please send the output by e-mail - not here in the forum.

IP Logged

Temo
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 07. Jul 2020 at 15:01
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 07. Jul 2020 at 14:38:
I have no experience with phone calls over VPN. Normally an application doesn't need to know anything about VPN because it should be transparent.
In the help menu of PhonerLite you can enable the debug window. All sent and received messages can be seen there. Can you send me this output right after the error case occurs? Please send the output by e-mail - not here in the forum.

Thanks for your reply. 

Maybe i solved this question. i realized, that when Zoiper changes ports after connection is failed ( by default it stays on 5060, if firewall or something like firewall blocks this port, zoiper changes it to 5061). after problem occurred, i changed port number manually from 5060 to 5061 and the server status got Registered status. 

anyway, i will send you that log file Smiley thanks for your support!

IP Logged

Tom From City
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #3 - 07. Jul 2020 at 15:11
Print Post  
hello Dear Friends

its wonderful that i found this forum i have same issue 

As I get phonerliter dont have function to switch to another ports if 5060 gets blocked like another voip softphone has?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 07. Jul 2020 at 15:30
Print Post  
You can configure the local port in PhonerLite at configuration/Network.

IP Logged

Temo
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #5 - 07. Jul 2020 at 15:52
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 07. Jul 2020 at 15:30:
You can configure the local port in PhonerLite at configuration/Network.

yup, so we need to change it manually after port gets blocked from our firewall. it would be nice, if program checks VoIP ports itself and connects if some is available for connect. if i remember exactly VoIP ports are 5060-5061-5062-5063.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - 08. Jul 2020 at 10:28
Print Post  
There is no difference if the destination is not available because of a blocking firewall or the destination is not reachable because it is deactivated. There is no action planned for such scenario. Sorry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint