Poll
Poll Question: PAI (P-Asserted-Id) should be introduced in phoner



This Poll ends automatically in 16 days, 2 hours and 22 minutes.
« Created by: ArminM on: 21. Sep 2022 at 09:56 »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Introduce P-Asserted-ID (Read 467 times)
ArminM
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 6
Joined: 21. Sep 2022
Introduce P-Asserted-ID
21. Sep 2022 at 09:53
Print Post  
Since we do a lot of testing (telecommunication company) it would be nice to have to possibility to send the P-Asserted-ID (so choose between PAI and PPI or send both)

Why: The PAI in old ISDN terms is the network provided ID as the PPI would be the user provided one.

Many SIP CPEs and PBXs are using PAI as a default value, as also some IMS entities NEED a PAI otherwise they will treat the call as untrusted.

Thank you and best regards,

Armin
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
ArminM
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 6
Joined: 21. Sep 2022
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #1 - 21. Sep 2022 at 09:56
Print Post  
test
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 10947
Location: Germany
Joined: 12. Oct 2003
Gender: Male
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #2 - 21. Sep 2022 at 10:02
Print Post  
PhonerLite only uses user provided data - there is no trusted ISDN or anything else. Therefore PhonerLite doesn't use PAI.
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
ArminM
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 6
Joined: 21. Sep 2022
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #3 - 21. Sep 2022 at 10:07
Print Post  
That's a pitty since I do not know ANY PBX, SIP CPE which cannot support the PAI (and I work for a big Telecommunication company)...sorry to mention that.

phoner is great but in that way to unfexible to use it in our company then. We do not want to copy the PPI into the PAI on for instance an SBC.......

It would really make your product MORE flexible.

Since network providers ALWAYS rely to communicate the PAI between their networks as well since the PAI reflects the trusted ID which then also is used for billing betwenn them!

best regards,

Armin
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 10947
Location: Germany
Joined: 12. Oct 2003
Gender: Male
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #4 - 21. Sep 2022 at 10:09
Print Post  
All other IP phones (not proxies) you are using send PAI?
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
ArminM
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 6
Joined: 21. Sep 2022
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #5 - 21. Sep 2022 at 10:36
Print Post  
90% of them and for the other 10% it is configurable, on our ASBC we then map the PPI into the PAI to transport it as trusted number (which of course id screened in the network since it is provisioned).

But for ISBC (point to point to customers PBXs) a PPI (which only is sent no PAI at all) it is considered untrusted and yes we have around 40.000 customers (40 flavors of SIP CPEs like Cisco, ZTE, Huawei, Comtrend, Patton etc, 2000 flavors of SIP PBXs, 200 flavors of micro SBC solutions Cisco, OneAccess etc etc etc).

RFC is quite clear about the P-Asserted-Id Wink

As long as the network is doing authentication (IMS always does) the PAI is the Id to go for (just as info).

There is a reason why Telco Companies use the PAI (NEVER! the PPI) between them!

Thank you and best regards,

Armin
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator
*****
Offline



Posts: 10947
Location: Germany
Joined: 12. Oct 2003
Gender: Male
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #6 - 21. Sep 2022 at 10:55
Print Post  
I have a different mind for that. A phone device (hard or softphone) can not assert, that a number is valid. Therefore PhonerLite uses PPI in sent INVITE. It is up to the proxy to ensure that the number is valid and converts that to PAI.
At the moment I don't want to change that in PhonerLite.
  
Back to top
WWW  
IP Logged
 
ArminM
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 6
Joined: 21. Sep 2022
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #7 - 22. Sep 2022 at 16:16
Print Post  
No need to change it Wink just so make it selectable to send as well would be enough Smiley

That's what CPE vendors do.......
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
ArminM
YaBB Newbies
*
Offline


Phoner is great!

Posts: 6
Joined: 21. Sep 2022
Re: Introduce P-Asserted-ID
Reply #8 - 22. Sep 2022 at 16:19
Print Post  
But thank you for your support and fast reply
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint