Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dial only numeric characters or numbers (Read 1813 times)
Ravi Bachu
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Dial only numeric characters or numbers
17. Apr 2023 at 10:13
Print Post  
Hello Forum,

Is there way that I can restrict PhonerLite application to dial only the numbers or numeric characters only?

I noticed that when end users are pasting some copied text in other applications like Skype chat, PhonerLite is picking up that text and dialing the same text. Of course such calls are failing as that won't be valid number. However, I would like to know if there is any possibility that PhonerLite dialer accepts only the numbers or not. This way CDR report will only have valid calls.

Any help is really appreciated in this regard.

Thank You.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Dial only numeric characters or numbers
Reply #1 - 17. Apr 2023 at 11:19
Print Post  
Sorry, but PhonerLite dials what the user inserted. If that is text - then that text is used. Are you using some special formatted numbers that contains brackets and so on? Do you have an example?

IP Logged

Ravi Bachu
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 17. Apr 2023 at 11:40
Print Post  
Dear Admin,

We do not have any special formatted numbers. All phone numbers will contain only numbers (0-9) and do not contain any special characters other than numeric digits.

Regards,
Ravi Bachu.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 17. Apr 2023 at 11:58
Print Post  
Are you using a headset that supports HID (signalling hook events)?
In that case multiple applications (Skype and PhonerLite) react on such events from the headset. In your case PhonerLite is minimized and the headsets signaled the off hook event (connect/accept a call). For this special case PhonerLite reads the clipboard and dials that content.
That was requested by some users that copies a number into clipboard and press the hook button on the headset to dial that number. 

To avoid multiple usage of the headset you can select "Default" for input and output sound device in PhonerLite. Then configure your headset in Windows settings as "default communication device". Afterwards PhoneLite uses you headset but don't react on any headset events for button presses and so on.

IP Logged

Ravi Bachu
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 19. Apr 2023 at 07:50
Print Post  
Dear Admin,

That sounds like an intresting feedback. Let me check with our end users about your feedback and then you the status,

Regards,
Ravi Bachu.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint