Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic how to transfer calls? (Read 6485 times)
dani
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

how to transfer calls?
04. Mar 2009 at 23:44
Print Post  
This may be a silly question, but how do you transfer one call to another extension from Phonerlite? I have tried to hold the first call, ring the extension, and then I have tried to drag and drop, double click, etc, with no luck.
Any clues?
Thanks!

IP Logged

HaPe
YaBB Newbies

Re: how to transfer calls?
Reply #1 - 05. Mar 2009 at 13:50
Print Post  
It seems you are doing it correct (drag and drop of one call onto another). 
But errors with transfering calls can have many causes.
Could you first describe, what VOIP providers are used (for call A and for call B)?

Regards,

HaPe

IP Logged

dani
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 06. Mar 2009 at 12:50
Print Post  
Thank you for your reply.
I have Phonerlite registered to a Linksys SPA9000 IP PBX, which is connected to a couple os SPA400 that provide 4 analog output lines each.

Call A comes from an analog external line, (throug the SPA400 -> SPA9000) and call B is made from Phonerlite to another registered extension of the SPA9000 (a SPA921 Linksys IP Phone)

I have tried some different scenarios, such as transferring internal calls to external lines, and have the same problem:

- Ext 24 (Linksys IP Phone) calls Ext 27 (Phonerlite).
- Call1 appears and is answered on Phonerlite correctly.
- I Put Call1 on hold
- Dial external number from PhonerLite: 860948xxxx and got connected. I announce the call transfer to the other party.
- I then drag Call1 and drop it on 860948xxxx
- Then ext 24 gets connected to SPA9000 auto attendant (???) and PhonerLite can talk to 860948xxxx

Please note this all works perfectly when phonerlite is not involved...

IP Logged

HaPe
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 06. Mar 2009 at 14:14
Print Post  
In this scenario the PhonerLite is sending a SIP packet to the linksys phone with a Transfer command. Perhaps the Linksys phone does not support this? 
Some PBX does intercept this transfer command and are managing the transfer by themself. I do not know whether yout linksys adapter is doing this.
It may be interesting whether phoner lite is getting an answer to its transfer request. You might activate the debug log and post here the transfer command and the response?

Regards,
HaPe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint