Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic STUN support (Read 4303 times)
botyhc

Phoner is great!

STUN support
20. Feb 2011 at 08:01
Print Post  
Phonerlite has a stun field, but no setting to tell whether to use STUN or not. Does this mean whenever stun entry server name is provided and that stun server is working it will do STUN ? 
What is UPNP is also selected ? I think Phonerlite NAT capabilities must be properly defined / shown. 

Also stun port must be configurable, not fixed.

How to make stun work with phonerlite ? I put a valid stun server, then disabled upnp and tried, but it seems to be sending local IP instead of external IP. Please explain in detail how to use Stun.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: STUN support
Reply #1 - 20. Feb 2011 at 09:06
Print Post  
If a STUN server is configured - it will be used. But if your destination IP is a private IP address (or the domain was resolved to a private IP) no STUN is needed.
You can configure a STUN server with port like "stun.com:4711".

IP Logged

botyhc

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 21. Feb 2011 at 04:01
Print Post  
If I keep the stun server entry but if domain is private ip (on same LAN) hope no problem ? 
because my phonerlite moves from within LAN to outside, and i want to leave entry like that without changing anything but domain and host name.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 21. Feb 2011 at 08:35
Print Post  
Quote:
If I keep the stun server entry but if domain is private ip (on same LAN) hope no problem ?

No problem!
Quote:
because my phonerlite moves from within LAN to outside, and i want to leave entry like that without changing anything but domain and host name.

If you have to change the domain, you should save that as a second profile and switch between these profiles.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint