Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Wildcards in the phonebook (Read 9375 times)
Dutch
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Wildcards in the phonebook
04. Jun 2011 at 19:33
Print Post  
Hi,

I am using Phoner for many years now as answering machine on my ISDN line in the Netherlands, and it is working perfectly. So: thank you!  Smiley

For the last months I am getting annoying creditcard marketing phonecalls from the USA. Somehow my phone number is added to a list that is used there  Sad

Now I am trying to filter those incoming calls, to reject them.
From version 1.76 wild cards are supported in the phone book, which I want to use to filter.
This is what I have tried up to now:
Added an entry "USA" in the phone book with as Country code "+1" and as Number "*", and as setting "Always reject".
This should reject all calls from the USA. However, there are two problems with this:
1) It looks like all calls from numbers that are not in my phone book are now rejected, so not only calls from the USA, so apparently the Country code is not taken into account?
2) I would like to filter in more detail: all those calls up to no have the following format: "+1 xxx000xxxx" so with three zero's in the middle. I would like to use a wild card such as "***000****" or "???000????" but this does not work. So my question is: what are the possibilities for wild cards in this case?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Wildcards in the phonebook
Reply #1 - 06. Jun 2011 at 14:30
Print Post  
"???000????" should work, but there was an error. I uploaded a new beta version of Phoner that should solve the problem.
At the moment there is no way for "+1*". Sorry. Only the number itself can be wildcarded.

IP Logged

Dutch
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 06. Jun 2011 at 22:00
Print Post  
Thank you for your quick response!
The new beta indeed has solved the wildcard problem:  "???000????" is working now. Smiley
And that it cannot be combined with the Country code at the moment is not a big problem for me, because this filter is accurate enough.

But there is one other thing that I would like you to have a look at: it appears that entries in the log "Anrufe.log" are modifed by the wildcard filter such that the original phone number from where was called is not shown anymore.
As an example, the start of an entry was this:
+1 5640001256;+1 5640001256;in: ....
and after applying the wildcard it is changed into:
USA;+1 ???000????;in: ....

Would it be possible to keep the originating phone number in the log?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 07. Jun 2011 at 14:19
Print Post  
I uploaded a new beta version again. That should show the original number if the found phone book entry contains wildcards.

IP Logged

Dutch
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 07. Jun 2011 at 21:03
Print Post  
Thanks again for your very quick response!
However, it looks like this second change does not work for me: it behaves the same as the previous beta version, with the same log entries.
Could it be related to specific hard- or software? It is an (rather old) Pentium III PC with Windows 2000 Pro NL and Eicon Diva Pro PCI ISDN adapter.
If you need more info about my config please let me know.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 08. Jun 2011 at 08:36
Print Post  
No, it should work. Please check if you really downloaded the zip file for the beta again.

IP Logged

Dutch
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 08. Jun 2011 at 21:39
Print Post  
Thanks again.
No, I did download the latest beta, but to be sure I downloaded it again, with the same result.
What I observe is this: I stop Phoner, copy a backup of Anrufe.log (a version from before the beta) in the Phoner folder, and start Phoner again. The log window looks normal.
Then I add the phone number with the wildcards, and after a short time the entries in the Log window are changed when the phone numbers match the wildcard. This also happens for new incoming phone calls when these match the wildcard (as expected).
When I then open the Arufe.log in Notepad (with Phoner still running), indeed the entries are not (yet) changed. So the modifications in the Log window are probably only stored in RAM at that time?
But when I then close Phoner completely, the contents of Anrufe.log is modified, and all matching phone numbers are replaced by the wildcard entries.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 09. Jun 2011 at 09:16
Print Post  
You are right - the wildcard numbers are saved in logbook. I fixed that in a newer beta version again.

IP Logged

Dutch
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 09. Jun 2011 at 21:07
Print Post  
Thanks again! You are fantastic Smiley
It is working perfectly now, very usefull.

Do you have the need and possibility to accept gifts to support the development of Phoner? I would be willing to do so.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 10. Jun 2011 at 08:57
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks again! You are fantastic Smiley
It is working perfectly now, very usefull.

Nice to hear that. I have to thank you for reporting that issue.

Quote:
Do you have the need and possibility to accept gifts to support the development of Phoner? I would be willing to do so.

I have two little sons (6 and 8). The last years I asked for toys (Playmobil and Lego). I got so many toys that my sons have enough of that now Smiley
Now my sons (and I) often play Nintendo DS and Wii. To buy such games it would be nice to get an Amazon coupon. But I would need that for the German Amazon. Thanks for all that use that service!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Dutch
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #10 - 10. Jun 2011 at 22:37
Print Post  
OK, I will look into it, and send you a gift.
Kind regards,

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #11 - 11. Jun 2011 at 09:43
Print Post  
Thanks a lot!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint