Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic EAccessViolation 458DBC55 (Read 7184 times)
Boon
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

EAccessViolation 458DBC55
06. Feb 2013 at 04:51
Print Post  
Each time I run phoner, with only one sip account, it is showing the following errors.

http://i.imgur.com/yXJRH9L.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KnP3c78.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2emYcFd.jpg

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I love this app but it seem to not love me :-P

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: EAccessViolation 458DBC55
Reply #1 - 06. Feb 2013 at 08:08
Print Post  
To be honest: I can't tell you what happens in your environment. I don't get this error here. Are you using the latest version?

IP Logged

Boon
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 14. Mar 2013 at 05:54
Print Post  
I have managed to track this down a bit further and it would seem to have to do with the IR systems of windows. If I disable the built in Windows Media Center Remote Profile then phoner runs without a problem, otherwise the moment a button is pressed on the IR remote phoner gives what seems to be a random EAccessViolation error.

I can reproduce this EVERY time. I am more than happy to work with you on troubleshooting this if you are interested.

The related key in the registry belongs the the "RC6 based MCE remote" profile and is located at:
0c90f57da

Once removed and the machine rebooted the errors stop, but so does the ability for Windows Media Center to recognize input from an IR device.

This is a default profile that is installed with windows and is needed for windows media center to properly accept input from IR devices.

BTW I am running Windows 7 x64, patch up to the gills as of tonight.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 14. Mar 2013 at 12:52
Print Post  
Sorry. That is really strange. I don't have any IR devices.
Can you please do a test for me? Close Phoner and rename the file "USBphone.dll" - so it can't be loaded anymore. Does anything change after starting Phoner again and press a button on the IR device?

IP Logged

Boon
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 14. Mar 2013 at 21:43
Print Post  
Unfortunately that did not fix it, I did notice something odd though. When I press a button on the controller the phoner application tries to initiate a call. I can hear the application pickup a line and visually see the red phone icon and bell show up in the phoner application.

Could this be something as simple as hotkeys gone bad? I do not see any mention of hotkeys in the application bar though.

Thanks for your time!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 15. Mar 2013 at 10:57
Print Post  
I don't have that device and can't test. But I assume that some special key presses are simulated. Does this happen only when Phoner application has the fokus?

IP Logged

Boon
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 16. Mar 2013 at 04:07
Print Post  
Unfortunately it happens whether phoner has focus or not. Does phoner utilize any hotkeys?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 18. Mar 2013 at 16:47
Print Post  
Open the main menu "Connection". Can see shortcuts for "Connect" and "Disconnect"? If you see them - shortcuts are enabled. To disable them, you have to close Phoner and open the file "Phoner.ini". Change the line "UseShortcut=1" into "UseShortcut=0" an save the file.
If you don't find the file "Phoner.ini", search here: %APPDATA%\Phoner

IP Logged

Boon
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 20. Mar 2013 at 12:51
Print Post  
Thanks for the information, shortcuts are not enabled and I did check that ini and UseShortcut=0.

I'm at a loss as to where there is the interference between them, but will keep looking Smiley

If you come up with anything else or would like me to test something feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Boon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint