Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic can't get rid of echo (Read 9326 times)
dude
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

can't get rid of echo
07. Mar 2013 at 02:42
Print Post  
hi, i am using a bluetooth handset (not a headset but handset shaped like a cell phone) and have had no problems with other voip services but with phonerlite there is a major echo that can only be heard by the person on the other end

i tried changing the echo cancellation settings but it doesn't seem to work. also tried gsm codec

any ideas?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: can't get rid of echo
Reply #1 - 07. Mar 2013 at 09:07
Print Post  
Are you using Windows XP? Please check the mixer settings (control panel) if the played signal is mixed into the microphone signal. On some sound devices this is enabled by default.

IP Logged

dude
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 07. Mar 2013 at 19:40
Print Post  
thanks for the response! could you clarify what i need to look for in the windows mixer? the microphone and line in in the windows mixer are muted and set to zero

in the windows mixer for the bluetooth device i just tried muting the sw synth and cd player lines and will try again. the only remaining lines are directly linked to phoner so they must be left on in order to use the device (volume/wave/mic all must be on)

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 07. Mar 2013 at 19:44
Print Post  
The microphone should be the only active recording device.

IP Logged

dude
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 07. Mar 2013 at 19:50
Print Post  
still echoing : (

is it something to do with skype? i have skype installed and it uses its own mic system protocol type deal so even when the windows mixer mic is muted and at zero the skype mic still works

do you think the skype program has interfered with this process in the windows mixer so that it thinks it is muted but is really left on? i do not have skyp running btw it is just installed. maybe try to uninstall? again, no other voip programs have an echo like this : /

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 08. Mar 2013 at 09:22
Print Post  
Phoner and PhonerLite doesn't change any mixer settings - except the volume. This might be a problem in some environments, but I don't like to change system settings by the application.
So if Phoner(Lite) doesn't work in your environment, you should use any of the other available solutions like X-lite, NinjaLite, Zoiper, 3CXPhone, Jitsi, Linphone, ...
For me it is just hobby. Other solutions are maintained by corporations with much more manpower.

IP Logged

dude
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 08. Mar 2013 at 16:55
Print Post  
thanks again! phonerlite really is one of the best phones : ( but i find that like other things in life there is rarely one product that does everything, always there is one product that does something good but has a fatal flaw, and yet another product that does something else good but with a different fatal flaw : /

i've tried all of the softphones i could find and am running out of options as they all seem to have a different fatal flaw. ces la vie!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 11. Mar 2013 at 14:17
Print Post  
The echo problem didn't occur with any other softphone?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint