Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Error Opening Device (Read 7512 times)
Vortex
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Error Opening Device
24. Feb 2016 at 00:21
Print Post  
If I try and use Phonerlite I get the error message "Error Opening Device".  I can use Phoner Beta OK on the same computer, except people can hardly hear me even when the microphone volume is set at max. When I use other softphones people can hear me OK.
What is the cause of this?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Error Opening Device
Reply #1 - 24. Feb 2016 at 08:11
Print Post  
Please take a look at Options/Configuration/Sound. Do you have enabled "Automatic gain control" there? If so, disable this and save the config.
Do you have selected the right sound device? You can do this by right clicking on the microphone or speaker button in PhonerLite.

IP Logged

Vortex
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 02. Mar 2016 at 14:19
Print Post  
The Error message seemed to be because the bluetooth headset was starting slower than the phonerlite software, so it couldn't see the headset at startup.

I Still have the problem of low volume. I don't have 'automatic gain control' enabled. The problem does not occur in Zoiper or X-lite with the same hadrware. Is there any way to increase the maximum microphone volume level? Also is it possible to pay and get the 729 codec? Thanks.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 02. Mar 2016 at 14:25
Print Post  
I don't have that device here for testing. PhonerLite is just a hobby project of mine. I can't test with all devices.

G.729 is no technical problem, but the license is the problem. Please take a look here: http://www.sipro.com/Licensing-Terms-G-729.html
I had to pay 15000$ once to get a license and then I have to per per channel. Sorry, but this is not possible!
You should take a look at other free codecs like iLBC.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint