Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Microphone disabled when call ended (Read 3018 times)
Danw700
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Microphone disabled when call ended
25. Nov 2016 at 04:15
Print Post  
Hi,
Thanks for a nice bit of software – free Smiley. I'm somewhat disabled and I use voice recognition software. I can turn my microphone off or on by voice. When I use your program to make a telephone call and then disconnect the call your program switches off my microphone in my USB headset – it has a volume microphone/switch in the USB line cord.

This is very annoying because the only way to sort this out is to do it manually by clicking the toggle on the cord. Can we please have a way to turn this functionality off within the program itself. Somebody who was totally hands-free would not be able to use the software to make VoIP calls.

Once again, thanks for taking the trouble to provide such a neat bit of working software Smiley

Cheers
Dan

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Microphone disabled when call ended
Reply #1 - 28. Nov 2016 at 09:26
Print Post  
PhonerLite uses headsets as normal sound devices. Additionally it uses HID to get information about button states from the headset.
Can you please try the following?
1) Chose "default" as sound devices in PhonerLite for microphone and speakers.
2) Set you headset as default communication device in Windows.

PhonerLite then uses no HID commands to communicate with the headset.

IP Logged

Danw700
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Re: Microphone disabled when call ended
Reply #2 - 01. Dec 2016 at 01:17
Print Post  
That works a treat thank you. I have a nice bit of software that allows the setting up of audio devices in Windows 10 from desktop shortcuts in various configurations. Now I know what to avoid I will try and set up the microphone to always be the default and the speakers to be my headphones – now I know what to avoid I'll experiment to find the right combination if it is possible.

Once again, thank you for a nice bit of software engineering.

Cheers for now
Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint