Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Phonebook Tools (Read 2765 times)
Brother Gabriel

Phonebook Tools
13. Dec 2017 at 20:30
Print Post  
In the phonebook, if you right-click on an entry there are a few things in the context menu that I don't understand.

What is "subscription"?  When you click it, it sets an icon that looks like an RSS icon onto the phonebook entry.  What does this do?

There is also a checkbox option for "wildcard search".  Search?  How can you search in the phonebook?  There is no search box, nor search command anywhere that I can see.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Phonebook Tools
Reply #1 - 14. Dec 2017 at 09:47
Print Post  
Quote:
What is "subscription"?  When you click it, it sets an icon that looks like an RSS icon onto the phonebook entry.  What does this do?

This is a very limited way for BLF (busy lamp field). If you are connected to a PBX that supports BLF, you can subscribe for this service. The phone boob entry shows the call state, so you can see if this extension is calling or not.

Quote:
There is also a checkbox option for "wildcard search".  Search?  How can you search in the phonebook?  There is no search box, nor search command anywhere that I can see.

For incoming calls internally a search is done to show a possible name for the calling number. If you create a phone book entry with the number "+49*" and the name "Germany", you would see the name "Germany" for all callers with the German country code.

You can search for your own too. The destination number field is a combobox - just open it by clicking the small triangle. If you enter now a number or a name, you will see a filtered list of entries that match your input.

IP Logged

1996das
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 18. Apr 2024 at 07:51
Print Post  
Is there a way to search the "logbook"?  Autocomplete only remembers the last 20 or 30 numbers.  Say I want to find a number in the call log, but only remember a few digits or want to search the call log by CID CNAM?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 19. Apr 2024 at 09:37
Print Post  
There is no option to search in logbook. Sorry.

IP Logged

1996das
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 19. Apr 2024 at 18:36
Print Post  
Have you thought of implementing something like that?  It would be quite useful to find previously called/received numbers that are deep in the call log.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 23. Apr 2024 at 10:13
Print Post  
To be honest - I have no plan to do that. I have enabled that deletion of entries older than 30 days, therefore I have not so much entries there.
The phonebook file is a normal CSV file - you can import that in other applications (e.g. Excel).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint