Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic logbook not working (Read 1768 times)
Eric37
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

logbook not working
15. Aug 2023 at 22:23
Print Post  
Hello, the logbook feature was working a few weeks ago but now is not. There are no incoming or outgoing calls registered there, whether answered or not. Perhaps there is a setting that got altered?
Running PhonerLite x64 3.20

If it helps, a debug log of an incoming call that was not shown in the logbook is available here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fxz214d8png3uk2/AADFZ2FjP7T-v-kgnUiBI-caa?dl=0

Thanks for any suggestions.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: logbook not working
Reply #1 - 16. Aug 2023 at 14:29
Print Post  
Maybe you just changed the sorting order. Click on the column header "Date" so that the "v" sign is visible there. Then newest entries are on top.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 16. Aug 2023 at 14:34
Print Post  
Take a look at "configuration" on the "codecs" page. Is the entry "DTMF (RFC 4733)" enabled? 
If you have an active call ensure that the number input field has NOT the input focus (blinking cursor). When pressing the dial buttons the tones will be transmitted. If the number input field is focused you see the new number when pressing the dial buttons. You don't want to dial a new number. Therefore just click anywhere else with the mouse (e.G. the actual call in the call list) and then click the dial buttons.

IP Logged

Eric37
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #3 - 16. Aug 2023 at 19:04
Print Post  
Thanks, I found the problem.
In the logbook context menu, I had evidently checked ISO8601 Date Format, just for fun. 

That created new call entries starting with the year number, which conflicts with the sort order of older data starting with the day of the month.

So the new entries starting with 2023 were sorted between 19-Jul and 21-Feb., not at the top or bottom of the date-sorted list. They were there, I just didn't see them where I expected them. 

I see now that changing the format changes the date sort algorithm but doesn't convert or purge the old data. I can understand, that's not what you want to spend your time reworking.

(By the way, there is no caret ^ or downward arrow showing the direction of the sort order in the column headers on my logbook UI. Not a big deal, I assumed that functionality anyway.)

(I didn't understand the relevance of your other response, about the DTMF setting. Maybe that was meant for another thread?) 

Thanks very much Heiko!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 17. Aug 2023 at 10:08
Print Post  
There are always problem with date formats. When the user changes the format settings, new entries use a different format and sorting is not working correctly.
Exactly for this the ISO format is introduced. I suggest to use that option.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint