Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Specifying the IP address in v1.23? (Read 5244 times)
wsadkin
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Specifying the IP address in v1.23?
03. Mar 2007 at 01:11
Print Post  
Hello,

Forgive me if this is a frequently asked question, but as I am uncivilized (american), I only speak english, so I can't really tell...    Undecided

I am trying to use PhonerLite, but I have a multi-homed machine, where one of the IP addresses is for our regular LAN, and the other is reserved for VoIP traffic.  Unfortunately, PhonerLite is automatically picking the 1st IP address, which is not what I want, and the feature for explicitly specifying which one to use seems to have been removed in version 1.17.   Is there any way for me to get PhonerLite to use the other NIC card/IP address? 

Dank im voraus,
wsadkin

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Specifying the IP address in v1.23?
Reply #1 - 04. Mar 2007 at 13:24
Print Post  
PhonerLite detects the local address automatically depending on the destination. Does this not work in your environment? What exactly is the problem?

IP Logged

wsadkin
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Reply #2 - 07. Mar 2007 at 23:38
Print Post  
Ok, I'll try to explain more thoroughly.

I have a machine with two network interface cards (NICs), each with their own IP address.   

The 1st NIC has a 10.1.x.x address, and the 2nd NIC has a 192.168.x.x address.

The 1st NIC is our regular Local Area Network, while the 2nd NIC is reserved specifically for
VoIP traffic, and so has the bandwidth for the necessary QoS.

When PhonerLite comes up, it automatically picks the 10.1.x.x address as where it answers (as shown in its status bar; it says its sip:@10.1.x.x:<port>.

I want to install/configure PhonerLite on this machine so that it *answers* on the 2nd NIC card, that is
192.168.x.x network, as *that* network is set up specifically for VoIP traffic.   

But the program no longer gives me a choice about which IP address it answers to.

So I ask again: is there a way I can get it to pick the other NIC card as the IP address it binds to for *answering* calls?  Huh

Thanks in advance,
wsadkin

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 09. Mar 2007 at 13:01
Print Post  
Does your PhonerLite register to a SIP server? If so, in which subnet this SIP-Server is located?
If you don't register, that problem is OK, because Phoner doesn't know which interface to use. But if you do a call or an incoming call arrives, a peer destination is known and the right interface to this peer is chosen. 
So please verify, that within the SIP messages is a wrong IP address.

IP Logged

Suppenkasper
God Member

Phoner-Support

Reply #4 - 09. Apr 2007 at 14:10
Print Post  
Deutsche Übersetzung dieses Threads:

>>> Hier <<<.

Viel Vergnügen bei der automatischen Übersetzung.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint