Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Calls Interupted by Beeping Noise (Read 6412 times)
dmm
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Calls Interupted by Beeping Noise
16. Dec 2010 at 21:51
Print Post  
Hello, 
I am having a Love/Hate relationship with your program.

The hate part is because there are times where I will be in the middle of a call and then a beeping noise starts. It's a steady noise that sounds like someone is pressing a number key on a touch-Tone Phone, (over and over again) and then it will just stop. I can't figure it out. I am using your program with a Yearlink USB adapter where I have a cordless phone plugged into.

Also, There are times where I will dial a number, the call will dial and then more random beeping will start, then the call will drop. Again, I can't figure it out!

Other than that, Your program is the best VOIP softphone out there!! (That's the love part!)

Can you PLEASE help me. I'm using Phoner-Lite version 1.74
(I've tried to upgrade and the newer versions don't work for me.)

Thanks in Advance!!

DMM

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Calls Interupted by Beeping Noise
Reply #1 - 17. Dec 2010 at 11:33
Print Post  
I have no experience with such cordless devices.
What exactly is the problem with the latest version?
If you would use a newer version, you can record the call into a wav file and send that file to me, so I can hear the beeping sound I never heard before.

IP Logged

dmm
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 17. Dec 2010 at 15:42
Print Post  
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I can't record the call for you because this problem doesn't happen every time. Some call go through and some don't, some calls I can speak for a long time, some calls I can speak for a few minutes and then the beeping starts. Sometime it will start and continue to where I have to hang up, sometimes it beeps for a minute and then stop. It's been very frustrating to say the least.

Regarding not upgrading to a newer version, The newer version would not work at all. (I could not make any calls) I don't know why, it just wouldn't work. I can download a new version and try again but this version seems to be the most stable and it recognized my USB phone adapter. In fact, it's the only VOIP softphone that recognized it.

Let me know your thoughts!!

Thanks

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 17. Dec 2010 at 16:44
Print Post  
Do you have the same problems when using another sound device? I can't reproduce that problem here. So I need to know if it has something to do with your cordless device. I don't say that that device is the problem, maybe the way PhonerLite handles the device.

I don't know about a problem with the latest version. Please download and extract that into a different directory. Then copy the file "sipper.ini" from the "old" version into the directory of the new version. Now the same settings should be used.

IP Logged

dmm
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 17. Dec 2010 at 22:24
Print Post  
It doesn't happen using any of my sound cards.  The device is a USB adapter for Skype although it says it works with many other VOIP programs. I believe that it's made by a company called Yearlink.

Concerning upgrading, I'll try to do a clean install of your latest version and use my "Sipper.ini file .Just a question,  Do you have alternative drivers for USB devices?

I love your program because it detected and works well with this adapter. (When it works!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-VOIP-Phone-Adapter-Skype-X-Lite-Sipgate-B2K-/20048500844...

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 19. Dec 2010 at 07:25
Print Post  
If that beeping doesn't occur with other sound devices - it must be something special with that cordless device. I don't have any other drivers.
Some stupid questions: Your device is fully loaded? You are in good range to that base station?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint