Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't transfer calls to other PhonerLite clients (Read 8651 times)
Kloopy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Can't transfer calls to other PhonerLite clients
15. Apr 2011 at 13:15
Print Post  
Hi,

I am having problems with the call forwarding feature. I have an Asterisk PBX setup and working and 4 softphones connected to it.

If the softphones are running some VoIP software (e.g. 3CXPhone) I can use my copy of PhonerLite to transfer those calls between the other clients.

However if the softphones are all running PhonerLite I cannot transfer calls made to or from them.

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to transfer calls that are made to or received from PhonerLite SIP clients?

Thanks for your help,

Matthew.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Can't transfer calls to other PhonerLite clients
Reply #1 - 15. Apr 2011 at 13:40
Print Post  
If PhonerLite receives a transfer request (REFER) it rejects that. So if your PBX (Asterisk) doesn't handle such transfers for its own, but forwards that requests to the endpoints - its doesn't work with PhonerLite as receiver.
Normally a PBX does that transfer and the endpoints only get notifications that there ware a transfer.
To check if that is the problem, you can send me the content of the debug window of PhonerLite after such action.

IP Logged

Kloopy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 15. Apr 2011 at 14:13
Print Post  
Hello there!

Thank you for the quick response! Smiley

The attached debug log is this scenario:
  • I already have a call in place from me (extension 1001) to extension 1004. (I forgot to turn on debug before this)
  • I then start a new call to extension 1003 (and because conferencing is off, 1004 is put on hold)
  • I then drag the call to 1004 onto the call from 1003 to transfer it. Nothing happens.
I will wait for your response before I try re-configuring Asterisk/FreePBX.

Many thanks for your time.

Matthew

PhonerLite_Debug.txt ( 88 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 15. Apr 2011 at 14:37
Print Post  
When the call is established, the SIP devices communicate directly with each other. Therefor the transfer request (REFER) goes directly to the other PhonerLite and that rejects that request.
There are two possibilities:
  • Asterisk connects the SIP endpoints directly.
  • You have enabled Multicast-DNS in each PhonerLite. If so, all PhonerLite will detect each other and if you call one other - the call goes directly to this other PhonerLite. Asterisk don't know anything about such call. So please disable that mDNS option in all PhonerLite and try again.

IP Logged

Kloopy
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 15. Apr 2011 at 14:59
Print Post  
Hey,

Thank you very much for your support. The problem was indeed down to multicast DNS. Disabling this has fixed the problem!

Have a lovely weekend!

Matthew.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint