Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Out of memory (Read 12499 times)
Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Out of memory
22. Apr 2011 at 12:18
Print Post  
Have two instances of Phoner answering machines simultaneously running on one server (installed on different directories, exe file renamed) Work fine, but yesterday people report me some problems. When I log-in to the machine find screen filled by many errormessages and was disconnected from SIP provider. Text was Out of memory or Out of free space, but there is only 2Gb of RAM out from 4Gb of total RAM and there is also 9Gb free disk space. Interesting is, only second instance (this one with renamed .exe and directory) did this, original instance work fine. 
I kill this instance by taskmanager, start it again, make some testing calls and everything looks good. My collegue now report me, he saw this situation twice before, but he does not inform me...

Do you have any idea, what can be wrong?

Petr Laznovsky

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Out of memory
Reply #1 - 23. Apr 2011 at 18:38
Print Post  
I couldn't reproduce that problem here, but I don't use such second instance often. If you find a way to reproduce that problem very easy (e.g. a special event occurs), please tell me.

IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 27. Apr 2011 at 18:13
Print Post  
I can`t reproduce too, but I have more iunformations. When I start phoner, it consume about 8Mb of RAm. When it receive first call, thane take about 12MB memory. Time by time, I found one of two running instances of phoner frozen and it take abou 40MB of RAM. On statusbar is still writen "registered", but answering machine dose not pickup any call, there is strange tone like "number does not exist". Phoner does not answer to GUI clicking (Maximize, Close, etc..) When I kill this instance of Phoner via taskmgr and start again, than work fine.

I made few testing calls than, and phoner consume about 300kb more memory after call start ringign and about 1Mb more memroy when message is recorded. After call is ended, the memory is not free-up but remain on this values. With another call, this all repeat. Could it be, there is some bug in memory management and after few calls, "something" inside overflow?? I am not a programmer, this is only my idea.

P.L.

BTW: I will try to write batch file, which monitoring memory occupation by phoner.exe process, if its going over (let say) 30mb, than kill and start again this process. Will let you know, if this help.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 28. Apr 2011 at 18:00
Print Post  
Do you have that problem with increasing memory usage with one instance only? I don't see that here.
If you don't need German area codes and country codes, you can disable them at "Options/ISDN". After delete the file names for these codes you need less initial memory after restart.

IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 29. Apr 2011 at 16:13
Print Post  
Sigle instance work fine. 
Today again many errormessages on screen and one instance frozen. About memory: when I found problem, each instance consume about 40mb of RAM. When I kill the frozen instance, the REMAINING instance release some memory and going to 10MB. Second instance was not touch, but after kill first and restart first one, it release some RAM space. Look like the instances fighting for some shared resources. Maybe some handlers of something..

L.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 29. Apr 2011 at 18:23
Print Post  
OK, thanks for reporting.
This multi instance usage is not the original intention. If you really need multiple accounts simultaneously you should think about a different VoIP client. Maybe you can use a router or an external service that does that multi account handling for you. Sorry, but I can't help you at the moment directly.

IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 30. Apr 2011 at 02:02
Print Post  
OK, thank for your time and for your work on this perfect SIP client.

L.

BTW: I consult this with my friend, SIP programmer, and hi ask for source code to help me. Is there any way to get source?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 30. Apr 2011 at 14:13
Print Post  
Sorry but Phoner is closed source.

You may try PhonerLite that is smaller and uses less memory.

IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 04. May 2011 at 20:49
Print Post  
Have one more question:

How many listenning sockets phoner normally open? I list listening UDP endpoints and looks like both instances open different number of endpoints. How is the possible? Note: both phoners is inactive, waiting for now calls.....

c:\netstat -abnop udp | grep -B1 phoner

UDP    0.0.0.0:5353           *:*                                    227396
  [phoner_2.exe]
--
  UDP    0.0.0.0:5061           *:*                                    227396
  [phoner_2.exe]
--
  UDP    0.0.0.0:5060           *:*                                    205996
  [phoner.exe]
--
  UDP    0.0.0.0:4998           *:*                                    205996
  [phoner.exe]
--
  UDP    0.0.0.0:4996           *:*                                    227396
  [phoner_2.exe]
--
  UDP    127.0.0.1:4997         *:*                                    205996
  [phoner.exe]
--
  UDP    127.0.0.1:3742         *:*                                    227396
  [phoner_2.exe]
--
  UDP    127.0.0.1:4995         *:*                                    227396
  [phoner_2.exe]
--
  UDP    127.0.0.1:4476         *:*                                    205996
  [phoner.exe]

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 06. May 2011 at 14:02
Print Post  
Zwei Applikationen können nicht den gleichen Port benutzen. Deshalb kann auch nur die zuerst gestartete Instanz den konfigurierten Port (normalerweise 5060 und 5061) öffnen. Die zweite Instanz nimmt dann x-beliebige andere Ports.
Der Port 5353 ist für Multicast-DNS. In PhonerLite (ist wesentlich mehr auf VoIP spezialisiert als Phoner) kann man dieses Feature ein- und ausschalten. Für Phoner muss man dazu die Datei "sipper.ini" manuell bearbeiten. Unter dem jeweiligen Profil musst du dann eventuell noch die Zeile "MDNS=0" hinzufügen.

Sorry for answering in German - my mistake.
Two applications (or two instances of Phoner) can not share the same ports. The first started instance opens the configured ports. The second instance can't do that, therefore some random ports are assigned.
Port 5353 is used for Multicast DNS. If you don't want to use that feature you can use PhonerLite to disable that or you edit the file "sipper.ini" manually. Search for the line "MDNS=1". If you don't find it, add the line "MDNS=0" to the profile you are using.
« Last Edit: 09. May 2011 at 08:38 by Phoner Admin »  
IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #10 - 08. May 2011 at 16:47
Print Post  
ich verstehe nicht Deutch language, can you write it in english?

L.

IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #11 - 08. May 2011 at 18:40
Print Post  
Error description captured, check attachment.

It pop-up when new incomming call occurs, after first ring. Than continue ringing without answering machine pick-up call.

L.

phoner_error.txt ( 345 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - 09. May 2011 at 08:39
Print Post  
You are still using two instances of Phoner? If so, only the second instance has that problem after a while with incoming calls?

IP Logged

Petr Laznovsky
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #13 - 13. May 2011 at 11:44
Print Post  
Yes, still using two instances. About incomming call, I am not absolutely sure, but the answer si yes.

L.

BTW: I have done batch which monitor program and restart the frozen instance. Now I test this batch. I run each batch with instance name as parameter:

@echo Off
set _binaryname=%1
set _query=TASKLIST /FI "MEMUSAGE gt 30000" /FI "IMAGENAME eq %_binaryname%.exe" /NH
set _logpath=c:\scripts\logs\watch_phoner.log
::
::
%_query% | findstr /BI "%_binaryname%.exe" >NUL 2>&1 && (taskkill /IM %_binaryname%* /F && (
                 "c:\program files\%_binaryname%\run_%_binaryname%.cmd" && echo %date% %time% %_binaryname%.cmd was successfully started... >>%_logpath% || echo %date% %time% Problem when try start %_binaryname%.cmd >>%_logpath%
                 ) || echo %date% %time% Problem when try kill %_binaryname% >>%_logpath%
                 )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint