Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Multiple active registrations at the same time (Read 6074 times)
Foner88
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Multiple active registrations at the same time
22. Jul 2011 at 21:39
Print Post  
Returning back to my "simple" question (from this unrelated thread), here is yet another idea. If there is a problem with running multiple instances of PL on the same computer at the same time, there is actually another solution. The same functionality could be achieved If PL would support multiple registrations at a time. I know that now we have to choose one account using list box and make it active. But many SIP clients support that by offering simple interfaces. One of the good examples is CSipSimple SIP client, running on Android smartphones. It allows users to configure and use several accounts simultaneously. There is no list box for exclusive choosing of just one connection (as it's done in PL). Instead, when user makes a new call, there is an ordered list of active (registered at that time) connections. First connection in the list will be used by default. But if user wants to make a new call via another active connection - it's easy to do it by pointing to that account during the dialing process. The order of connections is easily defined / changed in user preferences. It's a simple and intuitive interface, yet offering multiple active connections with multiple SIP providers at the same time.

I'm sure PhonerLite will benefit from that support. And in this case there is no need to run multiple instances of it too...  Wink
« Last Edit: 23. Jul 2011 at 20:37 by Foner88 »  

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Multiple active connections at the same time
Reply #1 - 23. Jul 2011 at 07:12
Print Post  
I am developing PhonerLite in my free time - it is not more than just a hobby. I am not using that multiple registration personally, so I have no need to do that work. I want to have fun - not more. Implementing that multiple registration is no fun for me Smiley
I am using PhonerLite as client registered at my IP-PBX. That IP-PBX supports multiple provider registrations. PhonerLite is a normal extension like any other real hardware phone. So all that multiple account problem is done in that PBX.

Your subject is not clear. PhonerLite supports up to 8 simultaneous calls - that are connections too.

IP Logged

Foner88
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Re: Multiple active registrations at the same time
Reply #2 - 23. Jul 2011 at 20:40
Print Post  
I see. Then, is there any way to run several instances of PL on the same computer?

And BTW, thank you for the nice program!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 24. Jul 2011 at 17:03
Print Post  
If you install PhonerLite in several directories you can run multiple instances, but this is not the original intention of PhonerLite.

IP Logged

Foner88
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 24. Jul 2011 at 19:54
Print Post  
I know that the original intention was to get a fun  Grin.

But now I can run several instances on one computer and that's what I need (and it's fun too Wink).

Thanks a lot again!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint