Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SRTP Authentication Failure about 5-10% of calls (Read 3579 times)
Burton Samograd
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

SRTP Authentication Failure about 5-10% of calls
13. Feb 2012 at 17:46
Print Post  
Hello, 

I am developing a SIP application and I am using PhonerLite as one of my test phones because it has SRTP support.  About 5-10% of the calls fail due to SRTP authentication failure on our application end.  I have tested with 3 clients and 2 of them fail in this way; the one that never seems to  fail (or at least has not yet) is Blink.

I am wondering, what version of libsrtp does PhonerLite use?  Our product is currently using srtp-1.4.2.tgz which is the last version available.  Has PhonerLite kept up with libsrtp releases?  

From what I can tell, with 2 of the 3 phones exhibiting this problem, I think it might be a client difference, but I am not ruling out a bug on our end.  

Thank you and I hope you can help track down this problem by providing the version of libsrtp you are using in PhonerLite.

--
Burton Samograd

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: SRTP Authentication Failure about 5-10% of calls
Reply #1 - 14. Feb 2012 at 08:51
Print Post  
I assume there are some problems in the way the SRTP key is encoded in SDP. To very this it would be good, if I can get your application to test with. You can send me the SIP messages with SDP and crypto line for a call that fails.
If I understand you right, RTP will be encrypted but you can't decrypt the data you get from PhonerLite?
I am using libSRTP in the actual version but I am using the AES and SHA implementation from OpenSSL.

IP Logged

Burton Samograd
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 14. Feb 2012 at 22:12
Print Post  
Thank you for the reply.  I have traced down the bug to our sipX library that was assuming that the keys were in ASCII and not just binary data.  I have corrected the code and it all works fine now.  No problem at all with PhonerLite!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 15. Feb 2012 at 08:59
Print Post  
Thanks for that update.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint