Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ringtone on different audio device - possible? (Read 6276 times)
Marko73
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Ringtone on different audio device - possible?
08. Aug 2012 at 16:44
Print Post  
My USB VoIP phone has a low ringtone volume by default - far too low to hear unless you're right next to it. There's a button to change it but after powering off it resets to low volume again. For this reason, I'd prefer to have the ringtone emanate from the computer's audio device instead. Is it possible to do this using Phoner Lite (or Phoner) while keeping the actual phone call's audio on the phone's audio device?

[edit: Never mind. I've installed phoner now, which appears to have this option, although phoner lite does not]
« Last Edit: 08. Aug 2012 at 20:47 by Marko73 »  

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Ringtone on different audio device - possible?
Reply #1 - 10. Aug 2012 at 15:28
Print Post  
Phoner has an option to use the default sound device for ringing instead of the selected sound device for playback. PhonerLite always uses the default sound device for ringing.
If your USB device volume is too low and it can be changed but this setting is not saved - thats a specific problem of your device. I can't do anything for that.

IP Logged

danigavid
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 28. Jun 2023 at 04:57
Print Post  
To play ringtones from the computer's audio device through Phoner Lite (or Phoner), while keeping the sound call sound on your phone, you can take the following steps:

Connect your USB VOIP phone to your computer via USB.

Make sure the computer has identified the device and installed the necessary drivers.

Open Phoner Lite (or Phoner) on your computer and set your VoIP connection configuration as usual.

In the audio settings of Phoner Lite (or Phoner), make sure the audio output is set to play through the audio device of your computer. Typically, you can choose the default audio device of the computer or choose the specific audio device you want to use.

After audio configuration has been set, you can choose and play your ringtone from your computer via its audio device.

At the same time, your USB VOIP phone will still keep the phone call via speaker and microphone on the phone.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 29. Jun 2023 at 15:22
Print Post  
Did you see, that in options menu there is an entry called "Ringing"? You can configure there the ringing sound device.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint