Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Phone book - where is the .csv file (Read 11313 times)
TerryS
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Phone book - where is the .csv file
18. Sep 2012 at 07:20
Print Post  
Hi folks,
Sorry about not speaking German. I would like to use a text editor to start my phone book. I have a Windows 7, Home Premium (64bit). I found the PhonerLite.ini file, but that only had the most recent numbers I had used. There was a mention in the online (web) documation that there was a *.csv file for the Phone (Address) book.

I found it.
Suggestion:  I believe that some documentation for each operating system or a button (control) on the interface would be very useful.

Cheers
Terry   Smiley   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Phone book - where is the .csv file
Reply #1 - 18. Sep 2012 at 08:38
Print Post  
First of all: The user should NOT edit such files manually. If you start PhonerLite and take a look in the debug window, you will see in the second line where the configuration is loaded from. In the same directory the phone book is stored.

If you install PhonerLite into your own directory in the root (e.g. "C:\PhonerLite\") all that configuration and phone book files will be saved there too. But If you install PhonerLite below "C:\program files\" the application itself has no write access to this folder (this is since Windows Vista). Therefore all standard applications save such data in the user folder. This is "%APPDATA%". So if you open "%APPDATA%\PhonerLite" in the explorer you will find all that dynamic files belonging to PhonerLite. This folder "%APPDATA%" is NOT specific to PhonerLite - you will find there many folders of other applications. So this is normal behavior and you will find this in general Windows documentation.

IP Logged

calli
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 18. Sep 2012 at 12:15
Print Post  
And where is the debug window?
If I expand the view I see only (from german version)
Logbook, Phonebook, Messages Config, Statistics.
In Config I only see
Server,User,Network,Codecs, Cert., Sound.
Where is the debug window?
Of course in my Options Debug is checked.
Geetings
Calli

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 18. Sep 2012 at 12:39
Print Post  
Help/Debug

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint