Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Outgoing calls work OK but no Incoming? (Read 7871 times)
jbad207
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Outgoing calls work OK but no Incoming?
19. Oct 2012 at 10:44
Print Post  
I am trying to configure PhonerLite for use with my sipgate.co.uk account on an old Windows XP/3 machine. 

My account works OK with X-Lite for sipgate.co.uk but as it does not have a 'record' facility, I am trying to use PhonerLite instead.

I am able to make calls and access the sipgate.co.uk voicemail system etc. but I am unable to receive any calls. I presume this is because the registration fails/timesout.

I have tried various combinations in the Proxy/Registrar and Domain/Realm fields with and without  'sipgate.co.uk' in them but the registration process always fails. 

Can anyone help please? Many thanks.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Outgoing calls work OK but no Incoming?
Reply #1 - 19. Oct 2012 at 11:00
Print Post  
If registration fails, no incoming calls are possible. But why does registration fails for your installation?
Can you send me the content of the debug window after PhonerLite startup? Please send this log by e-mail.

IP Logged

jbad207
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 19. Oct 2012 at 11:27
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 19. Oct 2012 at 11:00:
If registration fails, no incoming calls are possible. But why does registration fails for your installation?
Can you send me the content of the debug window after PhonerLite startup? Please send this log by e-mail.

I have sent the contents of the debug window to you in a PM.

Many thanks

IP Logged

Rod Crookes
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is the best!

Reply #3 - 07. Dec 2013 at 12:37
Print Post  
First of all - Phoner is really the best - for many weeks earlier this year I tried several other applications (some costing many Euros) but none compared to Phoner for ease of use, capabilities and configuration.

So congratulations go to you young man on your effort, dedication and attention in bringing Phoner to us.

However, I had one problem with it - that is I could always make outgoing calls - but SOMETIMES incoming calls would not be answered. After some hours of operation, incoming calls would go unanswered.

The situation drove me crazy. Here I had the perfect software for my needs but it appeared to fail in this one respect!

I tried a range of different hardware including a wired ethernet connection instead of wireless.

Even so it seemed that Phoner was not responding to the incoming signals reliably.

In sheer desperation to get Phoner responding to calls 24/7, I determined to debug the whole process from signalling through to audio output.

My choice to start by examining my own network setup proved to be lucky indeed.

In order to make the debug process easier, I first disabled DHCP on my router and set my fixed devices to static network addresses (192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.20).

So now the computer running Phoner has a fixed network address of 192.168.1.3

Since then ALL incoming signals have been processed correctly by Phoner!

I am still not certain why the change to static addressing should have made the great difference but I am so happy that it now works 100% reliably.

My VOIP service is provided by Sipgate (excellent and well recommended BTW)

My internet connection is ADSL provided by TalkTalk through the normal (copper  Cry ) British Telecom PSTN system.

Thanks again for PHONER - it really is the very best for me!

Regards,  Rod

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 09. Dec 2013 at 10:59
Print Post  
If your public IP address changes, Phoner or PhonerLite don't get notification of that. If you configure a STUN server, Phoner(Lite) periodically detects the public address and sends a new registration to SIP server after such change.
What interval for registration do you have configured? If you decrease the value to 60 (seconds), you should not get these troubles anymore.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint