Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Speaker/Headset volume adjusting (Read 14024 times)
al.ok
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Speaker/Headset volume adjusting
24. Oct 2013 at 14:03
Print Post  
Hello. Sometimes it is very hard to hear what other man says. I placed volume at speaker, system and Phonerlite to max, but it is not enough. Can you pls make an additional soft volume booster?
P.S. I don't have problems with my audio devices and drivers, for ex. music in Winamp is very loud on max volume.

One more feature request. Pls make an option to hide Phonerline to tray when you click on "red cross" (exit) button. 

This prog is really great, thanks!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Speaker/Headset volume adjusting
Reply #1 - 24. Oct 2013 at 14:30
Print Post  
Please check, if you have enabled the option "Automatic gain control" in Configuration/Sound in PhonerLite.

If you don't want to exit but minimize PhonerLite, you have to click the minimize button instead of the close button. There is a warning, if you close the application.

IP Logged

al.ok
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 24. Oct 2013 at 14:41
Print Post  
"Automatic gain control" is disabled in "Receipt" and "Trasmit" tabs. Can I adjust volume by using ScrollBar in one of this tabs?

About minimizing. It is my habbit to click exit button first, but most of applications I use (antivirus, chat, mail client, etc.) support this feature.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 24. Oct 2013 at 14:45
Print Post  
Quote:
"Automatic gain control" is disabled in "Receipt" and "Trasmit" tabs. Can I adjust volume by using ScrollBar in one of this tabs?

No, you can just handle noise reduction level. There is no way in PhonerLite to boost the volume.

Quote:
About minimizing. It is my habbit to click exit button first, but most of applications I use (antivirus, chat, mail client, etc.) support this feature.

I hate such functionality. If there is a minimize and a close button - then everything is clear for me. If you really need this feature, just use any of those other softphones.

IP Logged

al.ok
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 24. Oct 2013 at 14:47
Print Post  
Phoner Admin wrote on 24. Oct 2013 at 14:45:
Quote:

No, you can just handle noise reduction level. There is no way in PhonerLite to boost the volume.

So can you add this feature?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 24. Oct 2013 at 14:54
Print Post  
To be honest: I have no plans to do so. I have no problems here with low volumes. Please check first, if your application (PhonerLite) has maximum volume enabled. See attached picture.

volume.jpg ( 79 KB | Downloads )
volume.jpg
IP Logged

al.ok
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 24. Oct 2013 at 15:03
Print Post  
I use Windows XP, but system volume is max as I said in my first message. I've checked this twice. I don't have such problems with other audio progs. So is there any other possibility to solve this problem?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 24. Oct 2013 at 15:09
Print Post  
I can't tell the situation in XP. But In Win7 I have mixer settings for playback volume (see picture below). When I configure the level to maximum, I have to decrease the volume in PhonerLite. The volume would be much too loud here with my Jabra PRO 930.
The volume slider in PhonerLite controls only the mixer volume - there is no up or down scaling the volume in PhonerLite itself.
Sorry, but I can't to something for your problem.

volume_001.jpg ( 113 KB | Downloads )
volume_001.jpg
IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #8 - 24. Oct 2013 at 15:11
Print Post  
If this is NOT a problem with the hardware device or any volume settings, maybe your peer sends voice with low volume?

IP Logged

al.ok
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #9 - 24. Oct 2013 at 15:18
Print Post  
I think you are right, because most of devices in our phone network are analog(and old Smiley). That is why sometimes I really need the feature to boost input signal.

IP Logged

al.ok
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #10 - 08. Nov 2013 at 12:10
Print Post  
Ok, I've found soft that can solve my problem.
Letasoft Sound Booster
and
Breakaway Audio Enhancer
But PhonerLite don't work when I use them (freezes, sound became off, etc.). Can you fix PhonerLite?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #11 - 08. Nov 2013 at 12:25
Print Post  
I don't see a failure in PhonerLite. Why don't you think that these additional booster software is the reason?
PhonerLite uses normal Windows interfaces to access sound devices. This works without any problems.
After installing these booster apps you get problems...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint