Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reasons Why I Choose PhonerLite (Read 5111 times)
Brother Gabriel

Reasons Why I Choose PhonerLite
17. Jan 2015 at 17:31
Print Post  
There are many softphones on the market - both freeware, shareware and payware (where you get a dumbed down version for free until you pay for a full version).

I have tried all kinds of them and always try new ones when I discover them.  But I keep using and coming back to PhonerLite.  In appreciation for the work that Mr. Sommerfeldt has done, and in thanks for his generosity to offer it for free, I want to share my list of reasons why I keep using PhonerLite.

Reasons Why I Use PhonerLite
  • It works very well with Asterisk
  • On-screen dialpad
  • On-screen volume sliders
  • MWI light - PhonerLite will check my voicemail box for me and show make its MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) light up
  • Logbook - I can see who called, when they called, and their callerID
  • Phonebook - It's in a handy place!
  • Works well with my Jabra GN9350.  In fact, this is the ONLY softphone I've found that lets me answer and hang up calls by pushing the button on the headset!  This lets me take calls if I am not at my desk.  AND - if I have used the headset button to power off the headset, PhonerLite is smart enough to play ringtones over the headset to let me know a call is waiting.  No other softphone does this.  This lets me have my headset powered off when not engaged in a call, and so my headset battery will last nearly for all day rather than just for a few hours.  I have found no other softphone that will do this.
  • PhonerLite is not payware!  It is free!
  • The Developer is friendly, and answers every post in his forum.  I have made several posts here and never once gone without a reply.
  • Call-to-URLS.  PhonerLite will respond to hyperlinked urls with phone numbers.
  • In PhonerLite's Destination Number box and in the Phonebook, it accepts dashes
  • Google Contacts - PhonerLite can load your phone numbers from your google address book.  I don't use this personally, but I find it a very neat feature.

There are probably some other reasons I am forgetting.
Thank you, Mr. Sommerfeldt!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Reasons Why I Choose PhonerLite
Reply #1 - 19. Jan 2015 at 08:21
Print Post  
Thank you! I am happy to hear that!

IP Logged

CornHolio
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 21. Mar 2015 at 20:28
Print Post  
Letz Hope Heiko Sommerfeldt keeps up the development of Phoner as general.

/CornHolio

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 23. Mar 2015 at 09:33
Print Post  
I have no plans to stop development!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint