Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PhonerLite with Windows 10 and Jabra 930 (Read 8786 times)
Dave
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

PhonerLite with Windows 10 and Jabra 930
02. Aug 2015 at 10:38
Print Post  
I use PhonerLite with a Jabra 930 headset.  It has a button on the headset to pick up and hangup the call.  I've been using it for years with various versions of PhonerLite and its worked fine.

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the button on the headset no longer answers calls or hangs up calls, and the headset doesn't ring like it used to.

I tried reinstalling the latest Jabra software and drivers, but it didn't help.

I also tried upgrading PhonerLite from version 2.26 to 2.27 beta, but it also didn't help.

What I have to do to get the headset to function with PhonerLite now is to press the button on the headset and also click the answer button in PhonerLite.  And then when the call is finished, click the hangup button in PhonerLite and press the button again on the headset.

Any ideas what I can try to get it working again?  It may just be some incompatibility between Jabra and Windows 10, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: PhonerLite with Windows 10 and Jabra 930
Reply #1 - 03. Aug 2015 at 09:28
Print Post  
You have selected this sound device explicitly in PhonerLite? Right click on the microphone button in PhonerLite and select this headset.
I have no problems with Windows 10 and devices that worked with older Windows versions correctly.

IP Logged

Dave
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #2 - 03. Aug 2015 at 10:05
Print Post  
Yes, I have selected the Jabra 930 explicity in PhonerLite by right clicking on both the microphone and speakers and selecting "Jabra PRO 930".  The ringing device is also set for the Jabra 930 and the "HID" setting is checked.

I can get the audio to work, with the work-around I mentioned.  It's the HID feature with the button to pick up and hang up calls that isn't working anymore.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 03. Aug 2015 at 16:12
Print Post  
Sorry, but then it seems that PhonerLite can't access the device by HID. I have some Jabra devices here that work without problems.

IP Logged

Dave
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 03. Aug 2015 at 16:59
Print Post  
OK, thanks.  Hopefully some future Jabra or Windows update will fix it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint