Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic USE NAGIOS XI OR OTHER TO TRACK DOWN VOIP ISSUE (Read 6849 times)
depp russell
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

USE NAGIOS XI OR OTHER TO TRACK DOWN VOIP ISSUE
12. Jun 2018 at 08:27
Print Post  
Hi,

I just implemented NagiosXI, Logger, Fusion, and Network.Networking from the perspective of new phone system and QoS – not my area of expertise. Yet, I have a customer that needs help and part of my job is to ensure that these changes do not impact production. Which – has already happened.Prior to my involvement, a 3rd party vendor made a change that caused a Spanning Tree event. The vendor is Cisco certified. Familiar with the “phone system”. he AVPN is a managed network, the phone system is “managed”, and the customer dropped dollars for the third-party to make the necessary changes to the LAN equipment as well. All Cisco. Mostly 3750’s.The network prior was not managed, earlier generation MPLS. Upgraded to AVPN. Some circuits higher CIR rates (my recommendations). The “old phone system” – working fine. New phone system…. Static. Calls dropped. Voice mail complaints. (short list).There is more but I don’t want to reveal too much in the way of who or where. This is not the first outage caused. The managed circuit has FIVE 9’s and was down for almost 4 minutes last week – one outage. No ticket generated. No alert generated. Customer of third party had to report it. (Isn't 5 9's total of 5 minutes and 39 seconds for entire year)? My customers are hearing a muffling sound like talking through a pillow. 50% of the time in some cases. It is claimed being a loss of 200K per day.Between SNMP and Netflow and Logging would that identify the issue?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44067&p=222312
Animated video quote

Thanks!

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: USE NAGIOS XI OR OTHER TO TRACK DOWN VOIP ISSUE
Reply #1 - 12. Jun 2018 at 08:35
Print Post  
I don't see any relation to PhonerLite here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint