Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Multiple SIP presences (Read 13195 times)
Another Fred
YaBB Newbies

Phoner ist großartig!

Multiple SIP presences
04. Oct 2008 at 19:56
Print Post  
Would it be possible to have Phoner register simultaneously with several SIP providers? It was a feat that X-Lite achieved in the past, but has now been withdrawn from their current version.

It could be that I am greedy, but I have four SIP providers for different purposes. Phoner is my favourite because it doesn't need a registry installation and so happily travels between PCs on a USB stick without distress.

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Multiple SIP presences
Reply #1 - 05. Oct 2008 at 10:25
Print Post  
At the moment I am still implementing the basics. If I finished that and I am still willing to develop anything new in Phoner(Lite) I think about multiple profiles simultaneously. Sorry.

IP Logged

beuss
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 24. Feb 2009 at 16:58
Print Post  
Hi Heiko,

yes it would be a great idea to have multiple simultanous SIP registrations. You would be able to receive calles from any provider. Outgoing calls should go to a preselected provider, which could also be ISDN (TAPI, CAPI or SIP).

What do you think to associate each contact in the phone book with a preferred provider? Least-cost-routing?

Maybe you will find some time to implement it on a long rainy weekend  Wink

Regards,
Michael

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 24. Feb 2009 at 18:13
Print Post  
Take a look at this service: http://www.mysipswitch.com/
There you have full dial plans scriptable. This will never be possible with Phoner itself. By using this service you have all that functionality with Phoner or any other (soft)phone.

IP Logged

ruebe
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #4 - 21. Jul 2009 at 17:55
Print Post  
When travelling, I use only hotels which provide in-room internet, in order to be able to make calls almost or completely for free. For this, I have several VoIP providers (Betamaxes) entered into my PhonerLite. 
Works like a charm, except that these guys do not provide VoiP-in numbers and though I can call out, I cannot be reached.
I have just registered with sipgate.de, who, at least in Germany, issue VoIP in numbers, which also works great in PhonerLite, so I am now able to receive calls.

Here is the catch!
My PhonerLite receives a call only when sipgate is registered
Now, since I make my VoIP-out calls with one of the other providers (e.g. justcoip.com, who provide free calls to Germany), that is the provider normally selected and thus registered in PhonerLite, and so incomming sipgate calls do not get though.
Is there any way around that?
Like beuss wrote above:
Quote:
yes it would be a great idea to have multiple simultanous SIP registrations. You would be able to receive calles from any provider. Outgoing calls should go to a preselected provider, which could also be ISDN (TAPI, CAPI or SIP)

Can you give us an updated perspective, if and when such a feature will be available?
Is this feature perhaps already implemented in PhonerLite?

Thanks

IP Logged

JB
God Member

Phoner-Support

Reply #5 - 22. Jul 2009 at 19:35
Print Post  
Hello ruebe,

outgoing connections require phoner (lite) to be registered. There is no possibility to receive calls without being registrated to your provider.

When you would like to be registered to another provider at the same time, just install phoner or phoner lite a second time (in another directory of course) and start both programs registered individually. When you do not need call transfer between them or similar options, this might be a solution for you.

Sincerely, Jens

IP Logged

ruebe
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #6 - 06. Aug 2009 at 16:28
Print Post  
Hi JB,
you must have misread what I wrote.
I concur, that Phoner routes outgoing calls via the one registered provider only.
What I miss, is being able to RECEIVE calls via any of the other - unregistered - providers.
How is one to know, via which provider the next call will come in?
Unless one is clairvoyant (hellsehend), one will miss most calls.

There may be an easy workaround, at least in my case.
When travelling, I deflect my calls to a Sipgate number, which rings only when Sipgate is registered.
I make my outgoing calls for free via one of the Betamaxes, depending on which country I call to. As you know, Betamaxes do not provide regional VoIP-IN numbers (in Germany) and are therefore useless for incoming calls, hence Sipgate. Thus, I miss all of the incoming Sipgate calls.
Question to the Admin
Is it possible to have 2 instances of Phoner(Lite) running concurrently? One copy has all the Betamaxes available for outgoing calls. The other copy, which allways starts with Windows, has only Sipgate installed and therefore always registered, ready to receive calls.

Another solution would be to mark one of the  providers as "default" and revert to this default after 5(?) minutes of inactivity

IP Logged

JB
God Member

Phoner-Support

Reply #7 - 06. Aug 2009 at 19:12
Print Post  
Hi ruebe,

ruebe wrote on 06. Aug 2009 at 16:28:
Is it possible to have 2 instances of Phoner(Lite) running concurrently? One copy has all the Betamaxes available for outgoing calls. The other copy, which allways starts with Windows, has only Sipgate installed and therefore always registered, ready to receive calls.

This is exactly what I tried to recommend you. Wink

Sincerely, Jens

IP Logged

Uwe Schindler
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #8 - 08. Sep 2010 at 08:20
Print Post  
Yeah, a feature, to have multiple SIP accounts running in parallel and selecting one for outgoing calls would be fine. The user interface would be identical as now in PhonerLite, but it would listen on all accounts in parallel.

By the way: It is not even needed to have a separate UDP port binding for each account, all of them can listen on 5060 or whatever, the software can then decide, which account is affected. In general its quite simple: Send REGISTER messages to multiple providers (all from same port).

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 08. Sep 2010 at 08:39
Print Post  
I know the basics - thanks. But it has to be implemented and I have no time for that. I have many (!!!) accounts here and I don't want that all register at the same time - definitely not! Therefore there must be a configuration which account is active or not. All that is no fun for me. Phone(Lite) is just a hobby of mine and I want to have fun while developing - it should be no simple work to do.
There are so many softphones available - feel free to use any of them.

IP Logged

Uwe Schindler
YaBB Newbies

Phoner is great!

Reply #10 - 08. Sep 2010 at 22:56
Print Post  
Why not make the software open source, if you have no time anymore?

IP Logged

Phoner Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #11 - 09. Sep 2010 at 12:29
Print Post  
PhonerLite keeps closed source. Some people have to accept, that not everything has to be open source.
There are a lot of alternative softphones available, so feel free to use one of them.

I never said that there is no further development for PhonerLite. My interests are different, therefore I develop different tasks in PhonerLite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint